Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could some nice person please measure for me the height from the ground to the bottom lip of the boot opening?
Also the measurement from the boot lip to the boot/carpet floor?
I realise that the e-niro boot floor is not flush with the boot opening, but I'm wondering if the drop down into the boot is too much for a dog to jump over into.
Many thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Could some nice person please measure for me the height from the ground to the bottom lip of the boot opening?
Also the measurement from the boot lip to the boot/carpet floor?
I realise that the e-niro boot floor is not flush with the boot opening, but I'm wondering if the drop down into the boot is too much for a dog to jump over into.
Many thanks
About 30" from floor to boot lip.
The boot floor to lip is negligible (1cm? Sorry to mix my measurements)

My 15kg boy jumps up quite happily.
My 12kg old girl jumped up the other day in her excitement, but now prefers to lounge on the back seat.

I've ordered a clear plastic bumper protector to avoid the faff of pulling a bit of the mat out to cover the bumper when he jumps out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Timbob, really appreciate your pictures and measurements. I have an elderly Golden Retriever, so not sure he's going to manage a jump of 75cm....that's quite high. Starting to think A ramp might have to be in order. Thank you once again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you don't need the back seats too often, you could do what I did in my other car and keep one of the rear seats lowered so he could jump onto a rear seat, then trundle into the boot.

I bought an extendable lightweight set of steps for one of the dogs to get into the back of my Jimny but couldn't entice them to use it. Not even with cocktail sausages (their favourite bribe).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, its the getting him in the boot part that I'm thinking about. Once he's in, he'll be fine :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you Timbob, really appreciate your pictures and measurements. I have an elderly Golden Retriever, so not sure he's going to manage a jump of 75cm....that's quite high. Starting to think A ramp might have to be in order. Thank you once again.
We have an elderly Lab, and trained her to just put her front paws into the boot. It's then relatively easy to lift her in, either by putting an arm under her tummy or by lifting her with a hand under/behind each hip. Getting out safely can be more of a problem when they are really old...

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
873 Posts
We have an elderly Lab, and trained her to just put her front paws into the boot. It's then relatively easy to lift her in, either by putting an arm under her tummy or by lifting her with a hand under/behind each hip. Getting out safely can be more of a problem when they are really old...
Maybe something like this could help? Amazon.com : PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp, 62 Inch, Portable Lightweight Dog and Cat Ramp, Great for Cars, Trucks and SUVs - Side Rails and High Traction Surface : Pet Door Safety Ramps : Pet Supplies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts