Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ZE50 - well I'm saying goodbye to my beloved V60 on Thursday (the offer I got through "Motorway" was a lot more than I was expecting, so I couldn't miss this once in a lifetime chance to avoid a big chunk of cash going into a dealers profit wallet, otherwise known as "depreciation") so I guess I still think the Zoe is great - but we may have our first problem.

The dashboard illumination level. I think the switch in the little group of 4 is supposed to up it up, or down it down, but nothing happens - the light level is really really low, and I can't alter it.

any suggestions at all ?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what you mean - yes it's night mode I would suspect, because all the displays suddenly dropped when dusk hit on the way back from the chippy - but normally you'd be able to adjust the level upwards if you don't want it that dark - it seems to default to the lowest illumination level from where I can't turn it up again. So "stuck" ? how do you mean ?

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
400 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean - yes it's night mode I would suspect, because all the displays suddenly dropped when dusk hit on the way back from the chippy - but normally you'd be able to adjust the level upwards if you don't want it that dark - it seems to default to the lowest illumination level from where I can't turn it up again. So "stuck" ? how do you mean ?
Sorry I didn't realise you were initially referring to Night Mode. I'd assumed you meant it was stuck in a dim light state during the day. You can have it set to day, night or auto mode if I recall. I'd check but my ZE50 is on the way to the Garage.

I wasn't aware you could change the brightness of night mode, but then again you must be able to - I've never tried. I think there's a sensor somewhere that reduces the brightness of the display as I've sat under a bridge for a minute or two and the display's gone to night mode.

Factory resetting the Display might be a good idea, I had some carplay issues and resetting it fixed it right away.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Isn't there a rotary switch (rheostat?) on the dash to the right of the steering wheel as there is on the ZE40 to adjust the night display brightness?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,749 Posts
Isn't there a rotary switch (rheostat?) on the dash to the right of the steering wheel as there is on the ZE40 to adjust the night display brightness?
No. On the ZE50, it's one switch in a bank of 4 by the driver's right knee, that control
  1. Lane keeping on/off
  2. Dash brightness up/down
  3. Headlamp levelling up/down
  4. Open charging flap

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry I didn't realise you were initially referring to Night Mode. I'd assumed you meant it was stuck in a dim light state during the day. You can have it set to day, night or auto mode if I recall. I'd check but my ZE50 is on the way to the Garage.

I wasn't aware you could change the brightness of night mode, but then again you must be able to - I've never tried. I think there's a sensor somewhere that reduces the brightness of the display as I've sat under a bridge for a minute or two and the display's gone to night mode.

Factory resetting the Display might be a good idea, I had some carplay issues and resetting it fixed it right away.
e

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I've just had another play - the switch works in normal daylight mode ok, so it's defo the right switch - but if I go into the brightness settings for the display, the night time setting is greyed out, and I can't change it there, never mind with the switch. I can't find anywhere in the menus where you can set "auto night mode" lets call it either, and nor can I add a "home" position from the current location to the nav system - I'm beginning to wonder if the whole thing needs a major software update, even though the OTA update says I've got the latest version.

·
Registered
27 Posts
as Wonko said the switch is up and down. However you must hit the switch for each level,There are 10 levels of brightness each level being a small increment

·
Registered
259 Posts
The ZE50 - well I'm saying goodbye to my beloved V60 on Thursday (the offer I got through "Motorway" was a lot more than I was expecting, so I couldn't miss this once in a lifetime chance to avoid a big chunk of cash going into a dealers profit wallet, otherwise known as "depreciation") so I guess I still think the Zoe is great - but we may have our first problem.

The dashboard illumination level. I think the switch in the little group of 4 is supposed to up it up, or down it down, but nothing happens - the light level is really really low, and I can't alter it.

any suggestions at all ?
What was your experience like with Motorway (thinking of trying them myself)? Were you given the single highest bid or did you receive various bids. And how close to their initial valuation was the offer you accepted?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What was your experience like with Motorway (thinking of trying them myself)? Were you given the single highest bid or did you receive various bids. And how close to their initial valuation was the offer you accepted?
Motorway were actually quite good in the end. You have to take a lot on trust to some extent, because their website isn't well thought out, but the car sold the same day they "advertised" it. I only received the top bid, and don't know what competition there was going on, but without going into details (the car won't be paid for till tomorrow!) I was happy, very happy, very very happy, with the price achieved. I shall perhaps update the actual figures tomorrow when there's no chance of it falling through !!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So going back to the lighting thing - just tried the switch in the genuine night time - and it works ! so what happened yesterday must have been a sort of half-way house, dusk or something, where the switch is inoperative whilst it works out wether its day or night really. The settings in easylink are similiar in that now its nighttime, the night settings are changeable, but not the day slider. These only vary the light level on the infotainment screen though, not the dash.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Motorway were actually quite good in the end. You have to take a lot on trust to some extent, because their website isn't well thought out, but the car sold the same day they "advertised" it. I only received the top bid, and don't know what competition there was going on, but without going into details (the car won't be paid for till tomorrow!) I was happy, very happy, very very happy, with the price achieved. I shall perhaps update the actual figures tomorrow when there's no chance of it falling through !!
Ah, well that sounds good, just curious if the offer was as much as Motorway initially gave as the guide. Hope things go well tomorrow with the sale.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to fill in the details - now the cars gone and paid for - we had a valuation of £9800 about a year and a half ago, which meant we'd lost £5k in a year (no surprises there!) - Motorway initially offered £12k, and we sold for £13650. So pretty happy all round. The process was scary, but actually very good - the collect/deliver driver turned up on time, had a look round our car and rang the buyer, who transferred £5 just to check we'd all got the bank details right, and then transferred the rest, and off went the car. simples.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just to fill in the details - now the cars gone and paid for - we had a valuation of £9800 about a year and a half ago, which meant we'd lost £5k in a year (no surprises there!) - Motorway initially offered £12k, and we sold for £13650. So pretty happy all round. The process was scary, but actually very good - the collect/deliver driver turned up on time, had a look round our car and rang the buyer, who transferred £5 just to check we'd all got the bank details right, and then transferred the rest, and off went the car. simples.
Excellent! Definitely the right time to sell, and a decent bump up in price compared to the initial one they gave you, sounds promising.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts