Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Woking yesterday, for my sins, and having spent faaaaar too long negotiating the labyrinthine interconnected multi-storey car parks, I finally found the @CYC charge points on Level 1 of Yellow Car Park. However, I couldn't get them to work, and having parked further from the hotel than I needed to and spent, yes, 25 minutes frustratedly navigating the car parks, I ended up not even getting a charge during the 3 hours I was in my meeting. :cry: Not an experience I'll be shouting too loudly about with my EVangelist hat on.

I don't have a CYC card, but the app seemed to be happily doing its job — it got a GPS fix, located my nearest chargers, gave me the ID number that's printed on top of the charger that I was connected to, and I hit the START CHARGE button. After a 30 second pause, the app displayed "Your charge session has started", but there was no sign of that actually being the case. The cable didn't lock into the wall socket, and the car just said "Check cable power".

Out of morbid curiosity, can anybody suggest which vital part of the series of incantations I might have omitted?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was in a multi storey or underground car park, it's possible that the server couldn't contact the post.
It's a multi-storey, but it's above ground and the posts are in the open; I was actually getting slightly rained on as I plugged in. My phone had a strong signal. And FFS if the posts need a mobile signal to work, it would be a proper jobsworth who installed them in a place with no network...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.