Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Countryman PHEV Servicing

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  grahamcheese 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
I'm looking into ordering one of these, I've had test drive and got my head around the maze of options, and am just trying to crunch the numbers.
One thing that I've found hard to get hold of is the service intervals, and costs. Can you share your knowledge and experience? Minor and major services? Are servicing packs available?
Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Aren't all Mini's on condition based servicing which in theory can be pushed out to 18-24 months depending on use. However, expect it to visit the Service centre far more often than that and to cost an arm and a leg if you do a serious mileage.

#4 ·
Oh yes, I'm familiar with condition based servicing, with salesmen saying 'up to 2 years/20,000 miles' and the service light coming on after 1 year/10,000 miles!!
Hence asking for actual experiences! I'm only planning on 10,000 per year so not mega miles, hence why I'm considering PHEV in the first place.

#5 ·
From memory - 1st Service 2 years or when the car tells you. Same frequency for following services, but some require more bits changing. Average seems to be about 18k miles before 1st service. Brake Fluid at 2 years. Inspection at 3 years, which is really an end of warranty check so the dealer can bill BMW. This is free.

#6 ·
In my case, I didn't understand condition based servicing so I panicked when no light had come on by about 15,000 miles and I went and got the engine serviced at Halfords, which was basically an oil and filter change. The light finally came on around 25k miles and I took it into Mini and from memory it was £300, which I think is OK compared to what I would normally do for a new car which is a 6k, 12k and 24k. They did try to sell me a pack when I bought it but I don't think its good value as you can drive a long way before first service.

#9 ·
Carrying an extra 400kg around wears you out over time! It makes no sense to have two complete powertrains in one car. The fuel efficiency is worse than the normal diesel for any journey over say 40 miles. The battery is OK for limited local driving but I only ever got 12 miles or so out of it. They don't qualify for the London ULEZ and as I drive into the expanded ULEZ then keeping it would cost me £12 a day or whatever it is, so I have a mini electric on order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.