Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of buying a 30kWh Leaf but the cover that is attached to the charge flap is missing (See pic).

I can't imagine how this could have been lost... any ideas?

Will this be easy to source a replacement do you think? I wonder how much it would be?

Should I be worried about this?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,086 Posts
I wouldn't accept a Leaf with the inner flap missing. Is there not meant to be some sort of cover on the inside of the outer flap as well? I'd expect a car to be complete. Tell them to sort it before they send it or the deal is off.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That covers the gubbins for the front camera. It's just a typical plastic clip in thing that can fall out if pushed the wrong way.
I wonder if the camera has been replaced (does it even work?) or if the car was involved in an impact that made it necessary to replace that part and they just forgot about the cover.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone... it is being bought from Cazoo so I just called them up and switch my purchase to another car. So no longer an issue :)

Cazoo seemed very willing to help with this.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You could always make a new cover. After all is just ABS clipped to the top.
Nothing that a small piece of black plastic couldn't cover.
Comes to mind getting a medium size black plant pot cut to size, flattened, drilled for the clips and you're good to go ;)
But that would be for those mental DIYers with plenty of time on their hands... like me :p

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I can't even see what's missing, but it has been a year since I've been in a Leaf
The plastic cover on the inside of the charge door on the nose. Note the exposed wiring.

Reactions: Woodulike
1 - 9 of 9 Posts