1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,908 Posts
Not really that surprising since it came from animals and cats are a suspected transmitter.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really that surprising since it came from animals and cats are a suspected transmitter.
No non-human species has been found to be the source of nCov-2019. No bat, snake or pangolin was verified as having the disease.

Now that cats have been found susceptible to catching the disease from humans, the available evidence suggests humans may be the root source of this virus.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I wonder about dogs. Every day I see people standing 2m apart, but stroking a dog belonging to the other person. I can't think of a reason a virus couldn't survive in animal fur for some time ... unless dog fur has anti-viral properties :unsure:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just twigged something ... 5G is a suspected transmitter ... Doh!
... the source of Covid19 transmission could be a mobile phone handset. That is actually true.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"People who have never have rat problems before are suddenly coping with unwanted visitors invading their social isolation ... It is going to go forage around the house ... if we can transmit it on our fingertips, then of course rats can transmit it on their feet, their fur, their tails ..."

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,354 Posts
errr ... didn't you guys slate me for suggesting cats could spread this, last week?

'Oh, no, donald, you frikin idiot, animals can't spread human viruses' 'Oh no, donald, why are you so dumb, viruses have to mutate and they aren't going to mutate back again, are they?'

I don't recall the exact words, but that was the thrust of it, wasn't it?

Apologies where apologies due, I think? You know who you are.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,354 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
There was a study done... Cats can be infected with SARS cov2, but then the infected animals did not readily infect other cats. So infection and transmission via cats looks very much an edge case.
The most likely source of infection we should worry about is human to human. The virus readily infects humans and is easily transmissible.
As for surface transmission- it’s really more about hard smooth surfaces.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a symptom. Can't remember what of, though!
Bigotry?!

For what its worth, I was among those calling for evidence that Covid19 crosses species boundaries - expecting to find none. I do not recall slating anyone but will apologise where I have done so.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bigotry?!

For what its worth, I was among those calling for evidence that Covid19 crosses species boundaries - expecting to find none. I do not recall slating anyone but will apologise where I have done so.
Its to be expected that it can cross species boundaries. After all it jumped into humans from somewhere (probably bats via cats or maybe pangolins).
Also the original SARS virus years ago was able to infect cats.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dogs don’t get infected BTW, nor ducks, chickens...
This is news not yet repeated by politicians.. "The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that people with COVID-19 limit contact with their pets, including avoiding stroking them, being licked and sharing food."

1 - 20 of 45 Posts