Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
My apologies if I misinterpret what you said. I haven’t read the BBC article as I already looked at the paper.
I don’t think we’re disagreeing as such. To be clear cats can be infected. Cat human transmission is conceivable but as yet hasn’t been observed to happen.
I’ll add an opinion that I don’t think it’s something I’m going to worry about based on the data in the study.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I was just pointing out cat to cat might happen. For cat to human, there's more fear of virus left in the fur than of a cat having caught the virus passing it back. I'd be surprised if we did much clinical test on that though, so I'd still rather my neighbours keep their cats home.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I'd still rather my neighbours keep their cats home.
You could just keep yours home.
Or if you don't have one, don't touch other peoples.

But really
I’ll add an opinion that I don’t think it’s something I’m going to worry about based on the data in the study.
If catching Covid19 from a cat was my big worry I'd be very, very unworried. It's being around strangers in shops that's the current biggy.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You could just keep yours home.
Or if you don't have one, don't touch other peoples.
I don't have one, I have neighbours cats that like to invite themselves when I leave a window open. I'd rather not touch them. I'd rather they didn't touch my furniture either.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I have neighbours cats that like to invite themselves when I leave a window open. I'd rather not touch them.
Even if your neighbours kept theirs in there will probably be others who will appear to fill the vacuum left.

And don't leave your chicken to defrost next to an open window. It amazes me how many people are caught out by this :)

People glibly say "Keep your cat in" ... Clearly they have never kept a cat. If not kept as indoor cats from kittens it's very hard to do, and can create other risks of accident or infection in the house. With our two it's bad enough on a wet & windy day when they choose to stay in - shut in for a few weeks in this weather :eek:

41 - 45 of 45 Posts