Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bit boring this, but status of latest attempt to charge at a CPS rapid, was, ......well boring. It just worked.
I could have gone to the only Instavolt in Aberdeen but that would be 18 miles out of my way.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could have gone to the only Instavolt in Aberdeen but that would be 18 miles out of my way.
BP chargemaster that provides CPS back office LiveMap site is basically non responsive: they claim it's in response to the email that they released with details of the migration to SWARCO

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
BP chargemaster that provides CPS back office LiveMap site is basically non responsive: they claim it's in response to the email that they released with details of the migration to SWARCO
Nor can you login to check your details as advised in an email I just received. Fkwits.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Shame that my first attempt at my local rapid (to test out CCS charging on my new e-Niro) would not work with my CPS card (card could not be validated, although I’ve had the card for nearly 5 years) and the unit could not be accessed via the app either. Tried calling the helpline and gave up after 10 mins on hold. As it’s a BP branded unit I also tried to access from the BP Pulse app as I’ve some unused credit on my account, but again it was no go. Finally got it working via contactless, and when I’d added enough charge, then found my card would not stop the charge with a “not the same card that started the charge” error, which is amusing as it’s the only contactless card in my wallet right now. So I had to use the car to end the charge, which promptly made the rapid throw up an error and lock out with a red light. In the end I had to “reset” the unit with the emergency stop button, which brought it back up and made it available again. It’s a good job I’m not an EV/CPS newbie!! BP are quickly becoming the new Ecotricity of charge providers!!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
CPS website still not working and nor is the sign-in. Now the live map displays after a long wait but no chargers shown.

I also emailed Argyll & Bute council to ask why they have not fixed the out of service rapid at Inveraray - been down since the last server/network outage on the 27-4-21.

They tried to pass the buck to CPS so I am waiting to see when and how they will reply.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
Shame that my first attempt at my local rapid (to test out CCS charging on my new e-Niro) would not work with my CPS card (card could not be validated, although I’ve had the card for nearly 5 years) and the unit could not be accessed via the app either. Tried calling the helpline and gave up after 10 mins on hold. As it’s a BP branded unit I also tried to access from the BP Pulse app as I’ve some unused credit on my account, but again it was no go. Finally got it working via contactless, and when I’d added enough charge, then found my card would not stop the charge with a “not the same card that started the charge” error, which is amusing as it’s the only contactless card in my wallet right now. So I had to use the car to end the charge, which promptly made the rapid throw up an error and lock out with a red light. In the end I had to “reset” the unit with the emergency stop button, which brought it back up and made it available again. It’s a good job I’m not an EV/CPS newbie!! BP are quickly becoming the new Ecotricity of charge providers!!
Please open a complaint with Transport Scotland as I have just done - see this thread:

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sooner BPchargemaster are out of ChargePlace Scotland the better.

Ironically, it was part of the transition arrangements, is sending out an email requesting folk check their account assignments that triggered the latest issues.

You would that a well designed system would separate the charger support IT including the map from the accounting / membership systems, or at least have a firewall between. But apparently BP seem incapable of running a half decent IT system. Bunch of numpties.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,878 Posts
The sooner BPchargemaster are out of ChargePlace Scotland the better.

Ironically, it was part of the transition arrangements, is sending out an email requesting folk check their account assignments that triggered the latest issues.

You would that a well designed system would separate the charger support IT including the map from the accounting / membership systems, or at least have a firewall between. But apparently BP seem incapable of running a half decent IT system. Bunch of numpties.
I wonder which actual IT company is operating the system? I doubt BP have their own IT department. Or maybe they do and it's run by a bunch of amateurs. What did they expect when they emailed 1000s of account holders.
Hopefully Swarco have a BBC Micro and not a Sinclair ZX81 to run their server.

Anyway, have opened a formal complaint with Transport Scotland.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts