Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front windscreen has cracked on my 2 month old GTE advance. Having read a few things on here about possible camera calibration and other tricky work - I rang my local VW dealer first before calling my insurance company.

The service engineer initially informed me that VW don't do front window fitting and I should contact my insurance company. After challenging him on what happens with the camera that is fitted to the inside of the window for dynamic lighting assist etc he went to speak to his colleague. He came back and said they would fit the window it should be standard work for them - that's when I thought I should enquire from a much more informed source i.e. here!

Should I be concerned about his, response - anyone else had their 7.5 advance windscreen replaced? or any GTE with dynamic light assist etc (I'm assuming that is what the camera mounted below the interior mirror is for).

·
Registered
267 Posts
My first thought would be that with both ID3's hogging workshop time and Covid19 issues that they are just trying to fob you off, however that said you will find that for example "Autowindscreens" and "Autoglass" and probably other nationals carry out full ADAS calibration for some makes. For safety reasons you may be referred back to VW dealer for calibration purposes.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
The camera is also for lane departure and AEB if fitted. Take it to a dealer to be recalibrated after the windshield is replaced.

·
Super Moderator
7,620 Posts
These kind of technologies have been on mercs and audis for a decade, the screen fitters know what to do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks boys - the validation is comforting

Indeed it is autowindscreens and they have confirmed they will do an ADAS calibration also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts