Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know there are other discussion topics about this, but I'd like to offer my experience and ask for comments without resurrecting dead threads.
My windscreen developed a crack, about 10" long starting from the bottom on the passenger side. It doesn't appear to be the result of a stone chip, but probably just one of those things.
I booked a replacement from Autoglass using their web site (only a small excess to pay using my insurance) and get informed that they have replaced 300+ Leaf windscreens in the last year! Can that be true?
The replacement has been done and all is good. The engineer said that the glass being taken out was not original. So that makes the new glass the 3rd in 3 years! (2017 30kWh Accenta).

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
My Leaf 24 from new 4 years ago had two screens replaced in the first few months due to water leaks. First replacement was worse than the original. When fitting the second one the guy told me that they were becoming a frequent job. Either they leaked due to flexing bodywork or if sealed well that could cause stress fractures. It lasted OK for the rest of the PCP 3 years but seems to be still an ongoing issue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Had similar crack on passenger side starting from bottom of screen between wiper and edge of screen no apparent stone chip. Used Autoglass, fitter never said anything about changing many screens but he certainly knew his way around the leaf. Top job done no leaks etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts