Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, driving down the motorway, like you do, and the satnav comes up with some TMC information box. (Did try to attach but get 'the image you tried to attach is invalid') which is nice.

Anyways, the left half of the screen says "TMC info", then 0m, from and to are blank, length 20m and gives the options of BLOCK, MORE or back.

Nothing responds. Satnav map stops updating, no other buttons on the console work anymore.

Drove on to next services, pulled off, switched off. Screen still on, still no response. Switched off again, opened door and screen goes off at last. Got back in, switched on and we're away again.

So, simple question... Is there any way to RESET the console. Like on the prius I had to hold down two (or three) buttons and it rebooted it. I can't be having to pull over every time the satnav gives up just to switch off and on again.

Thanks
Rich

·
Premium Member
11,268 Posts
I am not aware of any way to reboot the infotainment unit - maybe check the USA volt forum? I have now driven 4500 miles and have never had the sat nav crash and use it on most journeys. Not sure if I am lucky or you are unlucky!

For benefit of others, as documented in the manual, all infotainment equipment stays on for 10 minutes after you switch off the car, or until a door is opened. I guess the idea is that if you arrive somewhere early you can finish listening to the radio or whatever.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine has crashed twice, both after several hours during a continuous 8 hour run which I put down at the time to hot weather, (the screen was very hot to the touch) the first reset quite quickly by itself, however the second I had to stop before any functionality returned.

On returning to the UK took the car to Vauxhall who did not recover any fault codes, the technician said there were no other reports, however searching the various forums around Europe suggests that whilst it is not a common occurance there are several reports of the same problem.

Gary
Electron Delivered 17th May
@4600miles
@102mpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts