Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like creaking mirror noise is a thing. I took my Tekna in and the dealer tried lube. That didn't work, so they're replacing both mirrors under warranty.

·
Registered
120 Posts
In 2018 I had my OF mirror motor and mechanism replaced under warranty after telling dealer at 1st service...and re-booking for the work. Same mirror doing same groaning again...so will book a second appointment (why does nothing ever get done on user experience?) when car is 2 years ago in July. Also, BOSE stereo amp has failed on mine in last couple of days. My feelings on build quality for these cars has been said before.

OFF TOPIC

On Saturday I am attending the VW ID.3 pre-bookers event...at which I do hope to learn something unexpected; otherwise I now expect to order a Polestar 2.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep. It's known to Nissan. I've had both my mirrors replaced (annoyingly, about a month apart!).

It was on my nerves, so just disabled the foldingfor a few days until it went to Nissan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In 2018 I had my OF mirror motor and mechanism replaced under warranty after telling dealer at 1st service...and re-booking for the work. Same mirror doing same groaning again...so will book a second appointment (why does nothing ever get done on user experience?) when car is 2 years ago in July. Also, BOSE stereo amp has failed on mine in last couple of days. My feelings on build quality for these cars has been said before.

OFF TOPIC

On Saturday I am attending the VW ID.3 pre-bookers event...at which I do hope to learn something unexpected; otherwise I now expect to order a Polestar 2.

**How where you aware the bose amp had failed? was is low in rear speakers or no sound at all?

Also if you want to fix mirrors they don't need to be replaced.
1. Click off mirror (carefully and remove power wire for heating)
2. Click off front colour cover by holding clip inside and pulling from top and away.
3. If you look down at mirror where it hinges you will see the motor/white plastic mechanism
4. Spray ptfe or light spray grease here downwards, move mirror in and out by power switch to move grease around
5. Mirror no longer creaks

Let me know how you where aware of bose amp issue thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
**How where you aware the bose amp had failed? was is low in rear speakers or no sound at all?

Let me know how you where aware of bose amp issue thanks
One day last month I got into the car and the sound was all "at the front". I used the fader to move the sound balance but cannot get much sound out of the rear speakers...and the BOSE sub-woofer doesn't produce ANY sound at all. Cabling to sub-woofer itself looks OK.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great info @kenster :)
by any chance you have a few pics? ;)
He he... I may be doing the left one shortly, I only did the right one as it was creaky but the left moves slightly slower than the right now! So I'll take some pics if i get to do it this weekend. It doesnt take long but you need to be careful with mirror and plastic cover so as not to break any clips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
One day last month I got into the car and the sound was all "at the front". I used the fader to move the sound balance but cannot get much sound out of the rear speakers...and the BOSE sub-woofer doesn't produce ANY sound at all. Cabling to sub-woofer itself looks OK.
I get very little sound out of back speakers, but sub looks ok. Can any other leaf 40 drivers check and let me know if their rear speakers are much lower than front.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,920 Posts
I emptied half a can of WD40 via its straw behind the mirror whilst folding and unfolding it. That cured the squeak and as a bonus evicted the resident spider that used to live behind there and annoy me every morning with its web.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I had 5 new wing mirrors fitted on my old 30kw, Fortunately this hasn't happen (touch wood) on the new 62.
I would be at Nissan's throat like a tiger if anything would go wrong with it. Was my first warning to the dealer when I signed the documents :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts