Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 eGolf

Hey folks,

Have had the egolf for 3-4 months. Love it.

Noticed an annoying creaking sound from the rear of the car. It only noticeable at low speeds (under 20mph) as i accelerate.

anyone had anything similar? is there an easy fix?I might book it in as its still under warranty but this is a bit of a hassle....

I appreciate with the lack on engine noise these sort of noises are more noticeable but it wasnt doing this when i first got the car.

Any info appreciated

Andy

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have something similar, or the same. It is noticeable at low speed <20mph and when driving over poor roads. It’s always done it and never had it checked out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The suspensions on these things seem to be one of the weak spots. If you research the Golfs you will find it could be a number of things: Sway bar bushings, control arm bushings, struts (front) shocks (rear). One of the main things people modify on Golfs seems to be the suspensions. Previously I had a Toyota and a Mercedes and those suspensions never needed a single thing until well after 100K miles. I think it is actually a common warranty item so I would give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts