Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I must say that all these "my ZOE is flawed/broken/uncommunicative/a bully" fill me with confidence at having ordered one and am now awaiting the call from the dealer to arrange delivery.

Incidentally, does it come with a granny charger as that would be useful when I visit my parents as they definitely don't have a wallbox charger at the house.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts
I must say that all these "my ZOE is flawed/broken/uncommunicative/a bully" fill me with confidence at having ordered one and am now awaiting the call from the dealer to arrange delivery.

Incidentally, does it come with a granny charger as that would be useful when I visit my parents as they definitely don't have a wallbox charger at the house.
Zoe has historically never came with a free granny charger, but Renault will happily sell you one for about £400.... you can buy other brands for half this price (but check your battery warranty, back when I got my 22kWh model it expressly said you could invalidate your warranty if not using a genuine one, how they would ever know I don't know).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
£500 for a company approved one? Blimey, I got one chucked in with the Ioniq. Maybe I can emotionally blackmail my parents to buy an off brand one for me. How else will they see their beloved son in their twilight years etc etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
People rarely post on internet forums to say “my car works well, and does as it should”.
I’ve only had my ZE50 a week but it doesn’t creak, I don’t feel bullied and it seems to be a pretty good car.
Of course that all might change next week/month/year but it’s got a 5 year warranty and the dealership I bought it from seem to be good with repairs if required so although I read the forums and occasionally join in I try not to let it worry me.
My recommendation in favour of the Zoe is it’s the only model of car I’ve ever bought 3 times in a row in over 40 years of driving.😎

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,636 Posts
Zoe has historically never came with a free granny charger, but Renault will happily sell you one for about £400.... you can buy other brands for half this price (but check your battery warranty, back when I got my 22kWh model it expressly said you could invalidate your warranty if not using a genuine one, how they would ever know I don't know).
The handbook is curious in that it infers one comes with the car, without any hint that it is optional in some way.

... Maybe all the dealers are in cahoots and sell them off!? Maybe it helps fund the good value deals (from some)? (Fine by me if it does. ;) )

If you really want a granny charger, then get an Ohme lead for £199, via joining Octopus (my referral link is below ;) ). They do sell a 3-pin, but I recommend going for the commando-type 2 lead, then make a short adapter lead from trailing commando socket to 3-pin, and ask Ohme to set the charge limit on it to 10A. You then 'also' have a 32A lead if you want it, at some stage in the future (by asking Ohme to set it back to 32A, when that time comes).

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,636 Posts
Seems mine has developed this. Sounds like a loose bag in the boot-sort-of-rubbing-and-slapping-against-something. Is that it?

Anyone got a sound file and copy of Renault instructions to fix, where is it actually coming from?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts
Seems mine has developed this. Sounds like a loose bag in the boot-sort-of-rubbing-and-slapping-against-something. Is that it?

Anyone got a sound file and copy of Renault instructions to fix, where is it actually coming from?

Fairly accurate description. Time to call Renault for the fix.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
29 Posts
Just picked up th car - no creaking!! They tried the official 'Renault Fix' - cutting down the excess on the welds - still there. They finally adjusted the tail-gate catch/lock. The sound on my car was a two tone tap or creak.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts
Just picked up th car - no creaking!! They tried the official 'Renault Fix' - cutting down the excess on the welds - still there. They finally adjusted the tail-gate catch/lock. The sound on my car was a two tone tap or creak.
Wow! Adjusting the latch is very much the first thing anyone should do. In fact it was the default Fix when the "creak" was first identified back in 2015.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts