Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Creating a Nissan / EV Wiki - née Nissan UK dealer charge network

5K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Snaxmuppet 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
* Edit *

With the closure of the EV Wiki there is now a new alternative list/discussion of Nissan UK rapid chargers, here: https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-uk-dealership-rapid-charge-network.3396/

* End edit *

We have just added a list of all the Nissan dealer chargers that we know of.

This info is already in a number of places but we felt that to have it in a single list form it might complement the fine work done by David Peilow with the Google map he has created.

Also, with it being a simple list there is no complications of having to use maps or do searches on databases.

As always, if you know something is wrong or missing then either sign up, log in and change or add it yourself or email us at suggestions@evwiki.info and we will add it for you.

Reactions: richardglover
#32 ·
Not a silly question Jon... I did think about that before I started the EV Wiki. I also looked at the other EV Wikis I could find to see if I should be adding to them instead of starting a new one but like this one they too suffered from disuse and none of them had really got going so I though mine might be different in that respect... it wasn't :(

Wikipedia is monolithic and daunting for a lot of people. You can get lost. You also have to have a vague idea of what you are looking for before you can search for it. By having a EV specific Wiki it is possible to limit the scope so people don't get lost and to tailor the index and menu system to be very specific for particular purposes. For example, we were planning a training path through the Wiki for beginners giving them the basics. This is difficult to do in Wikipedia and we would have to conform to the Wikipedia ways and methods and not be able to tailor them to more appropriately fit the EV world.

There are a lot of interest/product specific Wikis around and they work well for that microcosm and I felt that the EV world was specific enough to warrant a separate site. Just my assessment and decision. Perhaps I was wrong :)

#35 · (Edited)
But there's a high chance they would kill things like this dead. Nothing to stop folk from doing it, but it could be a very demoralising task to create something and see it then killed by the wikipedia masters.

I've started a new discussion with an alternative list for rapids only (thanks @flipper for the original link) available here: https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-uk-dealership-rapid-charge-network.3396/ which is very much open for feedback and contributions, hopefully that will prove useful.

I've updated the first post to reflect this change too, to try and avoid the confusion of linking to the now deceased EV wiki.

Apologies for the temp. thread closure, felt we were going off topic too much and just adding to the confusion for newcomers of thread title vs conversation topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.