Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Creating a Nissan / EV Wiki - née Nissan UK dealer charge network

5K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Snaxmuppet 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
* Edit *

With the closure of the EV Wiki there is now a new alternative list/discussion of Nissan UK rapid chargers, here: https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-uk-dealership-rapid-charge-network.3396/

* End edit *

We have just added a list of all the Nissan dealer chargers that we know of.

This info is already in a number of places but we felt that to have it in a single list form it might complement the fine work done by David Peilow with the Google map he has created.

Also, with it being a simple list there is no complications of having to use maps or do searches on databases.

As always, if you know something is wrong or missing then either sign up, log in and change or add it yourself or email us at suggestions@evwiki.info and we will add it for you.

Reactions: richardglover
#3 ·
I thought they were 24/7 by default now unless the dealer says otherwise?
I think not. Nissan has made it clear that they would prefer to have chargers available 24/7 but it is not a requirement. None of the current dealers will be required to make their chargers available 24/7 and new ones will only make them 24/7 if it is possible to do so.

To be honest, given that the vast majority of dealers lock barriers at night and don't have appropriate locations outside the barriers to install chargers I think it highly likely that most future installations will still only be available during opening hours.

HQ is 24/7.
Many thanks. Changed

Cranfield is private.
Many thanks. Changed

You seem to be missing Plymouth.
LOL! We simply went through your list on the map. It is missing from our list because it is not on your list! LOL! Sorry... I find that very funny as it was me that informed you that Plymouth existed. Of all the ones for us to miss that surely was not the one!

It is now added :)

The yellow marker is there but no link from the list on the left.

#5 ·
Personally, my opinion is that if any charging station is totally private (i.e. there is no public access allowed) then it should not appear on public charging maps and databases as it just confuses us.

If there is no chance of us being able to use it then why tell us about it?

Reactions: cjm_2013
#7 ·
Whoops! Didn't see the second page :rolleyes:

Looks like we have a few more to add then...

BTW The list on the Wiki is not intended to be definitive... just that there is no easy list anywhere with all the contact details etc so the Wiki seems like a great place to put one.

#8 ·
I wish more nissan dealers were 24x7 & not ICEd on arrival, but I can see the challenge some dealers face. Take southampton for example. The car lot is jam crammed full of cars....

The "new" dealerships built recently seem much better designed - more customer car parking, a seperation between the dealers cars - and ideal for 24x7 access

#9 ·
Westway Manchester, doesn't have a working rapid charger, despite showing up on several maps. It's been in the ground for well over a year, but there is no power to it. They said it would be commissioned early Feb, but one week in and still no power or sign of ground works. My requests via Twitter to consider moving the charger across the carpark, to enable it to remain behind the barrier, but be accessible 24-7 were ignored by @NissanLeafUK, and @Westway stated that 24-7 charging is not a service Westway offers.

Personally I find it disgusting that Nissan requests dealers (most of which are independently owned) to provide 24-7 access, when they have no intention of providing 24-7 access at the dealerships they own.

#10 ·
Colchester Nissan's rapid charger is available 24/7. It's also part of the Source East network but it doesn't actually require a card to use it.

If the bay is ICEd (or even has a Leaf in it) it's probably a Nissan demonstrator (or the manager's personal Leaf) and they'll happily move it for you.

#13 ·
I wish more nissan dealers were 24x7 & not ICEd on arrival, but I can see the challenge some dealers face. Take southampton for example. The car lot is jam crammed full of cars....

The "new" dealerships built recently seem much better designed - more customer car parking, a seperation between the dealers cars - and ideal for 24x7 access
Southampton is an interesting one as it 'landed' in Nissan's lap when the previous business went bust (before Westway). They are 'stuck' with the location until the lease expires then they said they would probably move; can't recall the end of lease year though....

#14 ·
This is the main issue with Nissan dealer rapids going 24/7. Most of their situations make it difficult to go 24/7 even if they wanted to. Limited space or no location accessible from outside their security barrier combined with the cost of relocation of existing chargers makes it highly unlikely that any existing dealer that is not currently 24/7 to make the switch.

Nissan have made it clear that they want to encourage all new installations to be 24/7 but if there is no viable location then the dealer's options are limited.

Southampton desperately need new premises, we all know that, so let's hope that Westway's, being owned by Nissan, make a 24/7 rapid charger a priority at their new premises when they do eventually move :)

#15 ·
Nissan have made it clear that they want to encourage all new installations to be 24/7 but if there is no viable location then the dealer's options are limited.

Southampton desperately need new premises, we all know that, so let's hope that Westway's, being owned by Nissan, make a 24/7 rapid charger a priority at their new premises when they do eventually move :)
Westway Nissan in Manchester City Centre, who when trying to sell us a Leaf, boasted extensively about how superior they are to other dealers as they are owned by Nissan, have had a non-working rapid charger installed next to the building for 2 - 3 years. They even replaced the old huge one which never worked with a new DBT one, which is still not working. If Nissan genuinely wanted to encourage other dealers to provide 24/7 charging, then they should lead by example. The work involved in moving this charger before connecting it, would not be that significant, but as mentioned up thread they are not interested at all. They even stated that no dealers offer 24/7 access to their chargers.

#16 ·
Westway are, in my experience, the very worst of all the dealers I have visited. Weird because, as you say, they are Nissan owned. You would think they wold set an example wouldn't you :rolleyes:

#19 ·
Whilst I still consider Westway Manchester useless (The February date for getting their rapid charger connected, is now early May!), Westway Rochdale have impressed me by coming to the rescue with the ICE rental scheme. When Fred Coupe let us down, by refusing to loan an ICE for driving over 100 miles, Rochdale were happy to help out and loaned us a Note to take to the factory tour in Sunderland yesterday. They made the whole process as simple as a phone call, and a copy of driving licence. Shame they don't have a rapid charger.

#21 ·
I have sent an email to update the Plymouth one as its only for Nissan drivers, for site security the barrier goes down out of hours, i have also included a non 0845 number as best to call ahead.

Reactions: Paul
#24 ·
We have just added a list of all the Nissan dealer chargers that we know of.

http://www.evwiki.info/index.php?title=Nissan_Dealer_Charging_Network

This info is already in a number of places but we felt that to have it in a single list form it might complement the fine work done by David Peilow with the Google map he has created.

Also, with it being a simple list there is no complications of having to use maps or do searches on databases.

As always, if you know something is wrong or missing then either sign up, log in and change or add it yourself or email us at suggestions@evwiki.info and we will add it for you.
Hi Paul - The evwiki link doesn't seem to work anymore. Is this a temporary thing or has the site been taken down?

Just looking to see which dealers have chargers as planning hols and at present struggling to sort out the ICE loan scheme car.

#26 ·
Is there another way to access a list? I was looking for such a list to an my ownership model.
Also, is it generally a positive experience (is it a concern that a brand new car appearing on one dealership to charge when it was purchased from another would not go down well).

#27 ·
Reactions: Casper
#28 ·
No error. I pulled the plug on EV Wiki. Since we created it we have constantly asked people to help add to it and we have had no response. I think one person registered and made a small addition but other than that it was just Sally and me.

If no one else was prepared to help create and maintain it then I don't have the time or the interest any more to do it so I pulled the plug on that particular project.

I still have the site moth-balled so if people still want it and are prepared to actually add to it and build it up and do something with it then I will gladly reinstate it but I am not having it take up valuable space on my web server if I am going to be the only person adding anything to it.

I am afraid that this is just another consequence of the general apathy I see on-line to help. People want the services and facilities but only a very small few are prepared to help or contribute. I am not whinging. It sounds like I am but I am not. It is just a fact of on-line life. I have always accepted that people expect something for nothing and until now I have been happy to do it but ultimately someone has to pay. I have done a lot to try to get various projects up and running with little or no help and I am not doing things like this on my own any more. Sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.