Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen this on linkedin. Seems that abb have put a credit card payment system on a rapid. No more RFID cards then? I'll let you throw your thoughts around about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
how much easier would this be, use your contactless payment credit card to pay and your done, however it would rely upon the credit card company sharing the users info with the network. When you look at the new apple pay system they dont share the info so no ability for the company to market to you. Want to be we end up with both cards for payment and cards for identification,

·
Registered
207 Posts
It would be quite nice to have this as an alternative if you find yourself without the right membership card.

Edit: I know there are complications but I wish we could have this on every charge point instead of the multitude of membership schemes. We can do this on an automated petrol pump so should be able to do this with a charging point!

·
Registered
302 Posts
The issue with this for charging is not as simple as it is with petrol.

Petrol pumps have a higher value and as completed in a much smaller time scale it becomes a single transaction fee.

EV chargers are much smaller amounts and would require 2 x transactions, 1st to authorise and a 2nd to charge for usage.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Why somebody can't do a keyring as "PlugSurfing" did in Germany? You can use it in Germany, Netherlands and Austria already. All PaynGo

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
My thoughts on this?

Awesome.

We need to face reality that charging can't be free forever. I'm more than happy to pay a fair price for the energy I use and the upkeep of the equipment.

Paying by credit card makes this easy. With out the need to carry a handful of RFID cards!

Can you imagine having a shell card, esso card, BP card, murco card etc etc just to pay for fuel! Haha.

·
Registered
191 Posts
After my 2nd trip into a black hole with no chargers available to me I can honestly say I'd have happily paid a tenner via credit card for use of a rapid for 20 minutes. Most of us charge at home to be honest I don't care if charging en route is expensive in comparison. Overall I'm still saving shed loads.

Reactions: Lee Dalton
1 - 7 of 7 Posts