Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,894 Posts
Nope. It creeps. You have to hold it on the brake. I find it better and more controllable than the non creepers but I have had a petrol auto before.

Single pedal on the Honda E might suit you. That will hold it still.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. It creeps. You have to hold it on the brake. I find it better and more controllable than the non creepers but I have had a petrol auto before.

Single pedal on the Honda E might suit you. That will hold it still.
thanks good to know. Prefer no creep but for a 2nd runaround its probably something we can live with. I really don't like the Honda E having driven it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,894 Posts
thanks good to know. Prefer no creep but for a 2nd runaround its probably something we can live with. I really don't like the Honda E having driven it.
I drove one as well. Didn't like it either.

Worth looking at the Fiat 500 electric as well. No idea whether that creeps or not though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
BMW i3 doesn't do it either and prices improving too... Had one for about a year and a half and the wife's had an e-Niro for a few weeks, I prefer the BMW one-pedal system to be honest.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
In my limited experience of EVs, the only one I've driven whereby you could turn off creep was the eGolf. Why they have built creep into the software, god knows.

·
Registered
262 Posts
In my limited experience of EVs, the only one I've driven whereby you could turn off creep was the eGolf. Why they have built creep into the software, god knows.
Tesla can also turn creep on and off, as can the 40kWh and above Nissan Leafs (they call it 'e-pedal mode', which also blends in friction brakes as you take your foot off the accelerator to achieve the desired speed)

·
Registered
Ioniq
719 Posts
The Hyundai Ioniq, and so presumably the Niro and Kona as well I imagine, have auto-hold which stops it creeping. This is one of my favourite things about it...

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,128 Posts
Having driven an i3, then a Kona and now an e-208, I will say my favourite and the best in terms of the smoothness and ease of coming to a stop, staying stopped and then setting off again was the i3, by quite a large margin.

Worst was the Kona, by a large margin - quite unrefined & jerky. Nasty, grabby brakes. You’d try to gently come to a stop by gradually easing off the brake pedal at the last moment but then it’d want to try and introduce creep so there was no alternative but to come to a jerky stop like a bad driver. Auto-hold (if you remembered to turn it on every time you got in the car) meant you didn’t need to hold the foot on the brake (not really a hardship anyway - and the parking brake does essentially the same thing), but that couldn’t help with the jerkiness.

The e-208 (and I assume the Corsa) is in the good end of the middle ground. Creep is much less noticeable and far less annoying than it was in the Kona, but it’s still is no where near as pleasant as the i3 was to drive in stop-start situations, around town etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts