Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all automatics will creep when in drive so the brakes need to be applied, what I would like would be the option to have no creep. The car will sense any rolling backwards or forwards of the car and apply an opposite drive to keep the car static. I know the Tesla has the option of creep/no creep but just thought I would add it in as a nice to have. Just a thought.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I would love that.

Another feature I would like to see, closely related to that, is a "glide" mode where feet off it uses no power and regens no power. Great for hypermileing :)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Actually I'd find that a nuisance; it's designed in for parking as otherwise a tiny tap on the accelerator could cause you to drive into the car in front when reverse parking; creep allows for much better control at very low speeds. Also applying opposite drive to keep the car static would burn the motors out on hills as people would no longer use the handbrake...
There's already a glide mode, it's called lifting your foot off the accelerator when in D :) It only uses regen when in L and you lift off.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
There's already a glide mode, it's called lifting your foot off the accelerator when in D :) It only uses regen when in L and you lift off.
There is regen when lifting off in D... just not as much. A Glide mode button on the steering wheel would be the best way to do this IMO.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Really? I'll check the little power flow gadget to see. I know that in L the regen can be up to about 23kW :eek:

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'd hate to lose creep, having driven automatics since 1987. Sit in so many queues of traffic these days, I find it much easier to just lift my right foot rather than having to switch between brake and accelerator to move a few yards.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
That's the other thing, it's a lot easier to control with just using the brake when manoeuvring instead of switching between accelerator and brake all the time.
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with them adding the option to disable it for those who don't like it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts