Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am interpreting it right the How Many Left? website reckons there are just 288 Soul EV's on the road in the whole UK right now with another 31 on SORN. There are around 400 Sumatran Tigers in the wild and they are critically endangered.

I reckon the Soul is damn fine EV so why so few sold and is it good to be a member of a select club or will rarity bring problems down the line?

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,227 Posts
That's loads more than there were!

There's something odd with how many left. It's only showing 300 odd new Zoes registered Q1 of this year. 2500 new leafs were registered Q1 in comparison.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's something odd with how many left. It's only showing 300 odd new Zoes registered Q1 of this year. 2500 new leafs were registered Q1 in comparison.
I make it around 4,300 Zoes of different models and getting on for 15,000 Leafs now registered in UK.

Pah! 288? Far too common. There's only 119 Chevy Volts in the UK...
Yeah but over 1,200 Amperas which is pretty much the same car wearing different clothes.

There appear to be nearly twice as many Twizys even than there are Soul EVs in UK unless I'm reading this wrong.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,227 Posts
Totals are reasonably healthy, it's just the new registrations for this year seem much lower than they ought to be.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Tbh I wouldn't even consider this car because of its looks. It reminds me of the Micra my gran drove in the 90s.
And that is one of the main reasons I didn't choose a Leaf or Zoe. I love the quirkiness of the Soul, I have never been a run with the crowd kinda guy. Leaf makes me gag every time I see one. The Zoe's are undeniably very good looking cars, but the Pricing on them was astronomical.

Since owning my Soul and driving 13000 miles in it. I have now driven a Leaf. And the Soul Beats it Hands down for comfort and ride quality. My Friend drives a 30km tekna. He owned it 7 months before I bought my Soul. We did a car swap for a day for fun. He wishes he'd bought a Soul now. But here lies the problem why there are so few Souls on the road. Back when My friend was looking for a car he never even test drove a Soul because it was WAY overpriced, couple that with a total lack of advertising and a lack of decent dealers at that time. And I think this is the reason for the lack of Souls.

Did I mention how practical the soul is. What your looking at is 19 pieces of double glazing panels. The biggest up the middle was 1900x800.... Do that in a leaf or zoe

IMG-20170710-WA0000.jpeg

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Can't say I'm a fan of the leaf or zoe either tbh. I just bought an astra and even the interior on that beats them all by a mile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts