Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Remember all the PR about this OLEV subsidised Milton Keynes council supported network being finished a month ahead of time and @Eunicholas being told to get lost during the photo shoot with CM's D.M. outside Xscape?

Having read that some of the locations have been unreliable yesterday I put 2 of them to the test.

The first was the Buckingham rapid installed at W Ganderton & Son's Swan garage, good location filling a rapid void. Met the son, an EV driver and a forum member on here it turns out, and had an interesting conversation.

He told me the new C.Master DBT rapid has worked twice since installation and is currently unserviceable. It has been reported but no maintenance to date ( Not an OLEV grant requirement:rolleyes:) .Fortunately didn't need to charge so not much point in trying to connect up then. There is a type 2 home charger available business hours by appointment so at least he can charge his own car!

Found the Xscape rapid subject of the photo shoot. It is a triple headed C.M DBT. First impressions were a bit dismal as all 3 leads were tossed on the ground in the rain. Replaced them all wondering how and why that happens so often, witnessed by self and reported by others on here too.

I was pretty sure my CM/Polar card with £1.40 credit would not allow me to start a charge so went through the motions and Bingo...charge started. o_O:confused::).

This is the first CM rapid I have been able to use since charging started on April fools day!:D, Chesford Grange and Oxford Belfry both found failed on separate occasions weeks apart since then and I read recently the same fate for the Cheltenham race course one. Buckingham now also unserviceable so I am keen to know if any others actually work?

Strangely the Xscape rapid doesn't appear on either C.M. or Polar maps!? A quick search found no indication of prices on the PR pre-launch so anyone know the deal and what are your experiences of these chargers please? See link;
http://evfleetworld.co.uk/news/2014...leted-four-weeks-ahead-of-schedule/0438013370

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
There's one just behind you as you charge at the one by the xscape, then there's one a bit further down in CMK then there's another at the central bus station in CMK and there's one at the Coachway.

How can a min charge £7.50 charger let you charge with £1.40 credit? Wonder how that'll pan out?!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's one just behind you as you charge at the one by the xscape, then there's one a bit further down in CMK then there's another at the central bus station in CMK and there's one at the Coachway.

How can a min charge £7.50 charger let you charge with £1.40 credit? Wonder how that'll pan out?!
Might be a stretch to read in to this but makes me wonder if they are planning another float and need some reasonable usage stats before city due dilligence uncovers they only have one customer in focus HMG:D.
It would help to know if any of the others are doing the same;).

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Might be a stretch to read in to this but makes me wonder if they are planning another float and need some reasonable usage stats before city due dilligence uncovers they only have one customer in focus HMG:D.
It would help to know if any of the others are doing the same;).
Did it take any of your money or was it seemingly on free dispense?!

Unfortunately my card is well topped up due to the hack being too late for me, so I can't risk paying them for a charge I don't need.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did it take any of your money or was it seemingly on free dispense?!
There were no cost for charges posted for use on the machine which from my experiance is typical of all CM type posts regardless of if they debit your account or not.:rolleyes:

I checked my account and still have £1.00 left from the last 2 times I was charged when not expecting it so the answer is no charge debited it seems!?;)

Go on, take a punt. you know you want to:).

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
There were no cost for charges posted for use on the machine which from my experiance is typical of all CM type posts regardless of if they debit your account or not.:rolleyes:

I checked my account and still have £1.00 left from the last 2 times I was charged when not expecting it so the answer is no charge debited it seems!?;)

Go on, take a punt. you know you want to:).
:eek:

Nope, I'm chicken. :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
After our discussion on Tuesday I called Chargemaster to let them know how disappointed you were that you couldn't charge on our post;). They apologised and said that they had a software update coming from the manufacture DBT and will be out to us as soon as possible to install it. So fingers crossed it will be back online soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts