Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 20 Niro EV EX and the cruise control has a constant subtle back and forth hunting for the correct speed. Anybody else notice that?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,410 Posts
What is the speed variation? Does it change going up/down hills?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is subtle. Speed variation doesn't show up on the speedometer. It is noticeable straight and level. It's pretty flat where I live.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
49 Posts
Yes, I’ve noticed mine is a little like that when regen is on full and cruise control is on. I suspect if I lower the regen level, it might be less jumpy but haven’t tried it yet to see if that is the reason

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,936 Posts
Does it vary the speed variation depending on the size of vehicle you are following?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I’ve noticed it in my FE from day 1. It’s like the algorithm to put power on or take it off to adjust speed is too fidgety. A bit like a poor driver who stabs at the pedal or lifts off too quickly rather than making smooth anticipated adjustments to the pedal. It’s only minor but you can definitely feel it some days. I’ve never discerned a cause as sometimes I don’t detect it and sometimes I do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know about the EV, but on my PHEV there's a setting that controls the SCC response with (from memory) settings of Slow, Normal and Fast. To me Normal seems a bit too slow, i.e. if you're coming up behind a slower vehicle and you can't overtake, when you do eventually pull out it takes forever to start accelerating, Fast makes this a bit faster :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts