Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is suggested that we use the cruise control as much as possible as this gives the best possible efficiency. There is one thing that really annoys me at the moment and that is you cannot resume cruise when travelling below 20mph. Now I can fully understand that cruise cannot be set to travel at speeds below 20mph - I am happy with that. If there is a setting already held in the cruise system then why can you not resume the speed from start 1 or 2mph?

Right now I often flick the resume take my foot of the accelerator and slow down and in "L" mode that slows pretty quick annoying for the person behind all for the sake of a few mph.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is pretty standard for cruise control on any car. I think it must be a safety issue, to prevent anyone accidentally flipping the button from standstill and roaring off!

Ralph

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Most cars I have owned that had cruise the fuel consumption was always worse when cruise was engaged. This seems to be the opposite with the Ampera.

I drove most of the way back from Ambleside using cruise whenever I could and the mpg and EV range were both excellent. I am going to continue to use cruise whenever sensible now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts