Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LEAF 40 Acenta and have also used an N-Connecta (propilot) model as a courtesy car.

While they both have adaptive cruise control, my basic Acenta model has an annoying quirk and/or fault.

How cruise control works in:

N-Connecta - set the speed and let the car do its thing. When other cars slow down or stop, I slow down and stop. When they start going again, I start going again. No need to do anything else.

My Acenta - set the speed and let the car do its thing. When other cars slow down I slow down. When other cars stop, I stop and the cruise control disengages. When they start going again, I have to accelerate and re-engage cruise control.

Is my car behaving normally or is this a fault?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Most adaptive cruise control systems require you to reactivate the system if you come to a stop for a few seconds. Are you not able to just press the “resume” switch to move off again or do you have to press the accelerator? In my previous vehicles using either of these was enough to set the car off again (following a warning beep and/or message on the dash confirming this to be the case).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most adaptive cruise control systems require you to reactivate the system if you come to a stop for a few seconds. Are you not able to just press the “resume” switch to move off again or do you have to press the accelerator? In my previous vehicles using either of these was enough to set the car off again (following a warning beep and/or message on the dash confirming this to be the case).
Not able to just resume and have to press the accelerator. .

·
Registered
124 Posts
After 3 seconds totally stationery it will beep. Briefly press the accelerator just get it rolling then resume.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Can it resume from a crawl? The Leaf 30 cruise control can only be engaged from an indicated 23mph (20 mph real).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I can resume from very low speed just get it moving with the accelerator then resume with e-pedal. I have not tried it without e-pedal yet where the car will creep on its own like an automatic ice car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thinking about it I don't think I have ever tried that I will have a go tomorrow

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 40 Acenta and use ICC daily - when I stop for less than 3s and the car Infront 3 sets off, i set off without having to press anything. Longer than that I haven't tried as I don't see the point in stop-start traffic as it will just keep turning itself off again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts