Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve notice with my E Niro 4+ that when I use cruise control and arrive at a round about as I break cruise control drops out, thats to be expected. I enter the round about and press to reset cruise control and the car seems to know I’m travelling around the roundabout so doesn’t start to accelerate hard until I’ve exited the roundabout and I’m on the straight again. Just a though 💭 has anyone else notice this.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I’ve notice with my E Niro 4+ that when I use cruise control and arrive at a round about as I break cruise control drops out, thats to be expected. I enter the round about and press to reset cruise control and the car seems to know I’m travelling around the roundabout so doesn’t start to accelerate hard until I’ve exited the roundabout and I’m on the straight again. Just a though 💭 has anyone else notice this.
Yes, it doesn't accelerate until it is fairly straight. I get this behaviour when on a long slip road that does a 270 degree left turn to join a major road.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it is the same as the Kona, it won't accelerate until you take your foot off the accelerator. Try going into the roundabout at a sensible speed with cruise on but don't brake and the car will go round at the selected speed. Try going into the roundabout at a higher speed that you control with accelerator and brake, then with foot off both press resume and it will accelerate hard whether you are on straight or not.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If it is the same as the Kona, it won't accelerate until you take your foot off the accelerator. Try going into the roundabout at a sensible speed with cruise on but don't brake and the car will go round at the selected speed. Try going into the roundabout at a higher speed that you control with accelerator and brake, then with foot off both press resume and it will accelerate hard whether you are on straight or not.
No, the e-Niro does not do that.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sorry I thought it was the same system. I have let the Kona drive round roundabouts by itself many times, it can be quite scary if the speed is a bit to high, and when resuming sometimes the acceleration is so hard it has nearly been on two wheels when exiting.
You seem to be ignoring the advice in the Kona User manual - Section 5 has the following:

" Use the Cruise Control system only when traveling on open highways in good weather.
• Do not use the Cruise Control when it may be unsafe to keep the vehicle at a constant speed:
- When driving in heavy traffic or when traffic conditions make it difficult to drive at a constant speed"

·
Registered
149 Posts
You seem to be ignoring the advice in the Kona User manual - Section 5 has the following:

" Use the Cruise Control system only when traveling on open highways in good weather.
• Do not use the Cruise Control when it may be unsafe to keep the vehicle at a constant speed:
- When driving in heavy traffic or when traffic conditions make it difficult to drive at a constant speed"
Get a grip fella. Pick your moment's such as two or three in the morning when roads are deserted and give it a go. You don't have to exceed the speed limit and its like being on the Waltzers.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,760 Posts
Another (fairly) amusing trick you can try on a clear bit of road is to turn on the speed limiter and set it to 20 / 30 whatever....then floor the accelerator (but not past the point at which the limiter overrides), then cancel the limiter and off you go with zero delay.

Incidentally, it’s a little amusing watching the sport mode power meter (actually just a pedal position sensor) on 100% when you are tootling along on the limiter at 20mph...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Another (fairly) amusing trick you can try on a clear bit of road is to turn on the speed limiter and set it to 20 / 30 whatever....then floor the accelerator (but not past the point at which the limiter overrides), then cancel the limiter and off you go with zero delay.

Incidentally, it’s a little amusing watching the sport mode power meter (actually just a pedal position sensor) on 100% when you are tootling along on the limiter at 20mph...
The other highly not recommended trick is when at a stop is to put left foot on the brake and push accelerator to floor.
As the brake overrides the accelerator you won't get anywhere until you take the foot off the brake, but then....
To be honest, I've only ever tried that in my leaf so caveat emptor etc.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Modern ACC is pretty sound in most driving conditions. It’s autosteer you want to keep for the motorway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts