• Neither (I use my foot)

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Inspired by some comments on another thread, wondering what the general feeling is?

Q - When on the "open road" (i.e. not town or city driving), do you prefer to cruise it, or limit it, or neither?

(y):)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Never bothered with either. The limiter just gets annoying after a while, and I don't find cruise efficient enough compared to my own right foot :)

There are limited uses for cruise nowadays as well with the traffic situation like it is and even when you do get to turn it on, generally the person in front goes through phases of slowing down and speeding up so you're forever switching it off and on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cruise. I find it controls declines really well, managing to recover just the right amount, whilst maintaining a constant speed. I do wish there was an 'eco cruise' option, where it wouldn't go over a certain amount of bars (within a given amount) on inclines.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I think I'd use the limiter as then I can still allow the car to decelerate on inclines to save some power but still stay within the speed limits as it seems very difficult to judge speed in BEVs, at least for my limited experience.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good topic - is this discussion and vote open to non-Leafers? (I Remain in an i3.) No worries if not.
Of course :) Maybe should be in "general" EV chat I guess????

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
can we choose :- Either/both.
I tend to use Speed limiter in 20,30 and 40 areas plus on some open roads, Cruise control on the open road dependant on traffic .
I do like 'no pedal' driving so cruise control does get used a lot.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks Blueinternet!

Limiter is always on in both eco pro modes in i3, but (presumably same as Lesf?) you can set it before the journey in the less eco of those modes. Pretty helpful for maintaining speed discipline!

Recently also started using cruise control for first time in my life, having now done some longer m'way journeys & summoned up the courage.

I do find the consumption takes a hit using CC That might be partly due to the higher sustained speeds (a whole 60mph!) but so do my Driving Style Analysis brownie points., suggesting the CC isn't as smart on hills and general acceleration as me.

It sounds like the Leaf has more efficient cruise control management than ours from what I've read above.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ex leaf owner - now i3.
The i3 doesm't have an easy to use limiter - just a fixed one for eco pro/+ mode, but I'd probably use that in busy road conditions more. In the optn/fast moving traffic *adaptive* cruise. Love it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts