Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a generally rubbish 2020, it seems that 2021 could be the best year so far for EV launches in the UK. The £35k - £45k sector will see the Mustang Mach e, Skoda Enyaq, VW's ID4, Cupra El Born and Nissan Ariya to name a few. I reckon the Spanish one could sell very well provided they improve on the ID3's cheapskate hard plastics in the front passenger compartment. By the time we see them, VAG should have greatly improved their software issues so the pretty El Born will be a great contender. I tried to glean more info from Google this afternoon, but still have no idea when we'll see them in Seat showrooms. Can anyone else enlighten us?
PS: I haven't heard anything about Audi's version of the ID3/ID4 yet. Surely it's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
644 Posts
Make no mistake: the El Born is not a Seat. It is a Cupra that will be manufactured in Germany.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
365 Posts
Yeah it was sad that they migrated the El Born from Seat to Cupra, would have been a great one. Happy to see they haven’t f*ck*d the Enyaq too. They look better than their VW counterparts.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,593 Posts
Prefer the look of this over ID3 as always though more choices of next EV the better for everyone

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
856 Posts
There’s a big piece about this on Autocar’s website. It looks like it should be fun, but it’s trying a bit too hard visually (like all Cupras in my opinion). I really don’t like the pretend window in the C pillar. Great to have a proper electric hot hatch option though, and should sell well.

·
Registered
265 Posts
E-boost option in 2022 according to the film. No details but it’s a glossy rather than a techie

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,615 Posts
I like what they’ve done with it much more than I thought I would, apart from it looking like the (short!) bonnet isn’t closed properly, I think they’ve hit the Seat brief quite well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts