Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just wondering whether anybody has an SE on order or are about to place one so that we can compare lead times on factory orders? Ordered my L1 at the end of April and I have been told 14-16 weeks by the lease company. Other than that I don鈥檛 have any order numbers or VIN.
anyone else have any experience? 馃槂

Registered
L1 takes much longer than 2 or 3.

2 and 3 are being delivered in about 8-12 weeks (usually closer to 8)

L1 is being advised as 16 weeks at point of order and its not unheard of for these to get pushed back and delayed.

The only good way of getting a L1 is to order one from inventory when they occasionally pop up.

Try chasing it up with your dealership or lease company and they should be able to let you know an estimated build date, and then you can add maybe 2 weeks to that for estimated collection/delivery.

It's a long time, but I assure you it will be worth the wait. They're really good cars.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
L1 takes much longer than 2 or 3.

2 and 3 are being delivered in about 8-12 weeks (usually closer to 8)

L1 is being advised as 16 weeks at point of order and its not unheard of for these to get pushed back and delayed.

The only good way of getting a L1 is to order one from inventory when they occasionally pop up.

Try chasing it up with your dealership or lease company and they should be able to let you know an estimated build date, and then you can add maybe 2 weeks to that for estimated collection/delivery.

It's a long time, but I assure you it will be worth the wait. They're really good cars.
I really don鈥檛 understand as to why the others are being prioritised over the L1? Just seems very strange indeed.

Registered
I really don鈥檛 understand as to why the others are being prioritised over the L1? Just seems very strange indeed.
I believe it's because the L1 orders have advance reservations being made for large fleet buyers who tend to go for the cheapest option. They don't seem to want to increase production capacity for each trim level in line with demand so as a result the cheapest, most popular option has a longer wait.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it's because the L1 orders have advance reservations being made for large fleet buyers who tend to go for the cheapest option. They don't seem to want to increase production capacity for each trim level in line with demand so as a result the cheapest, most popular option has a longer wait.
No, this makes sense after all. I guess I鈥檒l just have to wait it out 馃槂 hope it鈥檚 worth it!

Registered
My wife is going to test-drive a Level 2 tomorrow morning, and the salesman on the phone said lead-times for the Lvl2 are looking around December for delivery.
Darn.

Registered
My wife is going to test-drive a Level 2 tomorrow morning, and the salesman on the phone said lead-times for the Lvl2 are looking around December for delivery.
Darn.
Theres a few in stock ready to go dotted around the country if you're not too picky on colors and specs if you'd rather be on the road right away. On my last check yesterday morning there were 3 level 2's, 1 red and 2 green. Also one level 1 in white silver from memory.

Otherwise if its a factory order they are advising to order by the end of August for delivery before Christmas. With that said they've been doing fairly well recently and seem to be delivering early.

Registered
Mini Level 3 (Awaiting delivery..)
Ordered my Level 3 10 days ago and have been given an estimated delivery date of 1st December.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts