Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of lead times are other people currently seeing on e-niro vehicles?

When I was looking around back in December, I’m sure I read that e-niro lead times were only a few weeks. I ordered a e-niro 4+ in the standard red colour at the beginning of January, through a leasing company. I was originally told by the dealer that it was due to be delivered at the end of April, which I thought was pretty good. But after chasing them for an update recently, I was told that it’s now end of June. They said that the 4+ seems to be the version with the longest delays, but I have no idea whether that’s true or not…..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered a 4+ in December and was initially given a Feb/March delivery. This keeps being moved and my last update was a April/May delivery although the dealer did also confirm that no build date has been scheduled. I therefore don't have confidence it will be here by the end of May.

·
Registered
Kia E-Niro 4+ MY21 Midnight Black
61 Posts
I am pretty sure Kia has stopped production of the e-Niro and converted over to the new Niro EV, they are due to be available to view and test drive within the next few weeks. If you look around the dealers there is no new stock left anywhere.
If you are leasing you should contact your lease agent and ask what's going on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ironically my dealership called me today to give me an update. This is a purchase and not a lease but no build or delivery date has still been confirmed as of yet. The dealer confirmed the 4+ model seems to be the one that has a longer lead time with the long range 2 and 3 model coming in fairly quickly. No mention that the order is on hold ready for the new model or that they were not still building the first gen. I did see dealerships are offering experience days to show off the new model starting this month.

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,916 Posts
What kind of lead times are other people currently seeing on e-niro vehicles?

When I was looking around back in December, I’m sure I read that e-niro lead times were only a few weeks. I ordered a e-niro 4+ in the standard red colour at the beginning of January, through a leasing company. I was originally told by the dealer that it was due to be delivered at the end of April, which I thought was pretty good. But after chasing them for an update recently, I was told that it’s now end of June. They said that the 4+ seems to be the version with the longest delays, but I have no idea whether that’s true or not…..
Just my opinion ( semi-informed) ,I think the leasing company is spinning you a yarn , to be fair, may be the same yarn that they are being spun
I fear that many orders for eNiro may not get filled….ever
When I posted this elsewhere back in Feb, many responded to say that they hadnt heard of a manufacturer outright cancelling orders for a car before……but I believe this will be the case
”old” eNiro ,AFAIAC, has ended. My understand is that dealer stock =nil , or close to it

Facelift Niro is on a different production line, and cannot be ordered yet

Needed one for the fleet last week so bought a used one (3 months old)

Good Luck

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
@Cheshirecat That is my assessment also. There is certainly something a bit strange with new e-Niro right now. It is weird that they have stopped taking orders so far ahead of the facelift launch. If they intended to fulfil the existing orders for the current version then I don't understand why none are being delivered right now (well that is what it seems) and dealers have no stock at all. I could understand dealers running down stock of the current model but not this far ahead of the launch of the new version. Again, just my opinion :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quick update having seen a few people waiting for their E-Niro to arrive. My dealer confirmed they stopped taking First Gen orders a few months ago, so Kia can complete the builds on the remaining orders before the Second Gen begins. Orders for 2's & 3's are coming in but 4+ still remains very slow. My order placed in December (to purchase, not lease), still has no build/delivery date. I'll have no other option to extend by Skoda Karoq lease for another month or two until the Kia arrives.
Those who are still waiting like me, I feel you pain!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here’s what I heard from my dealer last Friday, regarding the e-niro 4+ which I ordered at the beginning of January:

“The Kia Supply Chain Bulletin is suggesting any e-Niro ordered from Nov – Feb should be available by June / July so we are ever hopeful your vehicle will secure a build date in the coming weeks”

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Received a message from Kia dealer last week saying that there still isn’t even a build date scheduled for my e-niro 4+, due to ongoing supply chain issues. They have therefore now pushed out the expected delivery date until September!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, just joined as I have an e-Niro 2 64kWh on order through a leasing company. Learnt a lot from reading the forum so far, so thanks for that!
Been told that the lead time is 8-12 weeks, which puts the delivery anytime in July. More info I picked up is that this is one of the last batches of 'old' e-Niros coming to the UK.
Doing a bit of research Kias get shipped from Pyeongtaek to Immingham and there was a ship (Grand Pavo) that left on the 13th May due to arrive on 16th June. So once offloaded, prepped and delivered the estimate sounds plausible. But that's all a guess!
Anyway, looking forward to getting it as it'll be my first EV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was told by the local Kia dealer this weekend that if I ordered one now, I'd expect to get it in August. Instead, I've bought a second-hand one, six months old with 5k on the clock, that I pick up on Monday (time was a factor, since my current car was a diesel, so starting to lose value rapidly).

·
Registered
6 Posts
That kind of tallies with the info I got then if it slips a few weeks it could easily be August.

Will be selling a diesel as well but will just have to keep it going a bit longer. Slightly depressing going to an EV with £0 VED from a diesel with.... £0 VED.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hearing some dealers are guaranteeing early orders of the 2nd generation will be delivered July/August, Kia must be running out of time to finish building the last remaining 1st generation models? My 4+ order made in December still has no build/shipping date.

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,916 Posts
Hearing some dealers are guaranteeing early orders of the 2nd generation will be delivered July/August, Kia must be running out of time to finish building the last remaining 1st generation models? My 4+ order made in December still has no build/shipping date.
Sorry to say, but I believe you will not get your 1st Generation eNiro. Expect the call.

And you will only get a 2nd Gen this year, if you are buying it ( like you are)..... Kia won't sell any Gen2 to fleet yet

1 - 20 of 51 Posts