Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered a 4+ in December and was initially given a Feb/March delivery. This keeps being moved and my last update was a April/May delivery although the dealer did also confirm that no build date has been scheduled. I therefore don't have confidence it will be here by the end of May.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ironically my dealership called me today to give me an update. This is a purchase and not a lease but no build or delivery date has still been confirmed as of yet. The dealer confirmed the 4+ model seems to be the one that has a longer lead time with the long range 2 and 3 model coming in fairly quickly. No mention that the order is on hold ready for the new model or that they were not still building the first gen. I did see dealerships are offering experience days to show off the new model starting this month.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quick update having seen a few people waiting for their E-Niro to arrive. My dealer confirmed they stopped taking First Gen orders a few months ago, so Kia can complete the builds on the remaining orders before the Second Gen begins. Orders for 2's & 3's are coming in but 4+ still remains very slow. My order placed in December (to purchase, not lease), still has no build/delivery date. I'll have no other option to extend by Skoda Karoq lease for another month or two until the Kia arrives.
Those who are still waiting like me, I feel you pain!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hearing some dealers are guaranteeing early orders of the 2nd generation will be delivered July/August, Kia must be running out of time to finish building the last remaining 1st generation models? My 4+ order made in December still has no build/shipping date.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've experienced the long Skoda lead times. It wasn't an EV but in my experience and others on the Skoda forums, dealerships were ignoring customers because they had no information to give them, even after 6/8 months. Kia has been better in terms of keeping contact but in truth, every message or telephone call from the dealer results in another month added onto the 'anticipated' delivery date. It would be nice to know as the paying customer what I will get and when I will get it! I can't see 1st gen orders will be moved onto 2nd gen. There is a cost difference to start with, plus heat pumps are now an optional extra. No choice but to wait and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts