Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,345 Posts
How accurate it is, I do not know, but I've been told that fleet prices are available from June onwards...
This is my understanding too. I went to the Kia Electric Experience and was told that they are only open to retail orders right now and a batch will be shipped in July / August because there is nothing like a few models on the road that people can see to increase the interest in them and produce further orders. There is no point announcing a new model release unless some people can actually take delivery of one. I was told fleet orders start in June, so ordering now would mean a likely delivery lead time of 12 - 16 weeks. Ordering after June would add several months to the lead time.

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,345 Posts
Like many of you here I ordered a E-Niro4+ through my lease provider. I ordered in January and was originally told to expect a delivery by end of March. That was pushed back to Mid June and last week the dealer called me to apologise but to keep the faith that it would happen later this year. They put me on a provisional date of mid September with no guarantees. To be honest I had no faith in the car ever turning up due to the release of the new version so as luck would have it my employers lease provider had the new version available. This is strange as I cannot find a price anywhere on the internet for lease from other providers but I put my order in today and cross my fingers I will see the car this side of August. That drop in BIK is definitely a must.
I'd be astonished if deliveries of current model 4+ are still arriving in September given that this ties in with expected delivery of the first batch of the new model. But stranger things have happened.

I am thinking that "this side of August" is optimistic for the new model but I'd be delighted if it did come that soon. I ordered last week and was told 12 - 16 weeks, which would be mid August to Mid Sept.

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,345 Posts
I was told at the electric experience event that fleet opened at the start of June, although it did strike me at the time that a sizeable number of dealers wouldn't have yet had their electric experience event by then, and by the time they had it, they might be having to tell prospective customers that the lead time had grown to 12 months. Not quite as attractive a proposition as the early ones who were offered 12 week lead times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts