Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Chatting this morning while getting the order in for my new Niro EV, the salesman mentioned they recently had to make a lot of calls to tell people that their orders for the previous model were not going to be coming...

If anoyne is still waiting for one of the previous generation and the dealer is still claiming it is going to arrive later in the year I'd suggest asking some rather pointed questions, as if it isn't already on a ship I really don't think it is ever going to arrive...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Inially told to wait for the launch early may, then told busines lease won't open till June 1st, and then told this is being delayed as they can't keep up with retail/personal customer orders. And the lead times will only be growing!
That matches what I was hearing from my dealer, they were waiting for fleet sales to open June 1st as that was also when the 'Costco Auto' programme prices tend to be released, but when I was there getting my order in, it was mentioned that the fleet sales had been pushed back...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just to advise at there is a truck strike in Korea expect further delays.
... for the e-Niro (not the 2023 Niro EV) if it isn't already on a ship then I don't think it is coming at all, so hopefully any truck strike in Korea will have no impact on these cars...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi. Unfortunately I am now in the same boat. My lease provider has said the same thing and KIA won't sell to fleet until they have satisfied the retail market. Back to square 1
Not surprised, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating for you.

Let's hope they are just waiting for the new pricing on 1st July before unleashing the fleet sales...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts