Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,354 Posts
I was told at the electric experience event that fleet opened at the start of June, although it did strike me at the time that a sizeable number of dealers wouldn't have yet had their electric experience event by then, and by the time they had it, they might be having to tell prospective customers that the lead time had grown to 12 months. Not quite as attractive a proposition as the early ones who were offered 12 week lead times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can I ask who your company's lease provider is? I've been trying to order a new Niro-EV 3 on business lease through so many places. Inially told to wait for the launch early may, then told busines lease won't open till June 1st, and then told this is being delayed as they can't keep up with retail/personal customer orders. And the lead times will only be growing!

Thanks
Hi. Unfortunately I am now in the same boat. My lease provider has said the same thing and KIA won't sell to fleet until they have satisfied the retail market. Back to square 1

·
Registered
Niro EV '4' 2022+
938 Posts
Hi. Unfortunately I am now in the same boat. My lease provider has said the same thing and KIA won't sell to fleet until they have satisfied the retail market. Back to square 1
Not surprised, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating for you.

Let's hope they are just waiting for the new pricing on 1st July before unleashing the fleet sales...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a quick update. Our e-Niro (the now old-shape) arrived this morning. So that's just over 10 weeks from order, to it being delivered. Could have been quicker but Kia messed up the pre-delivery inspections. So in all I'm pretty pleased with the experience. Hope everyone else gets theirs in good time.

·
Registered
Niro EV '4' 2022+
938 Posts
Just a quick update. Our e-Niro (the now old-shape) arrived this morning. So that's just over 10 weeks from order, to it being delivered. Could have been quicker but Kia messed up the pre-delivery inspections. So in all I'm pretty pleased with the experience. Hope everyone else gets theirs in good time.
That's great news, some people waited longer only to have the orders cancelled, so great to hear of a relatively short wait and a success story.

What was the spec?

Edit: I should have checked earlier posts before asking :) (e-Niro 2 64kWh)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah it's an e-Niro 2 64kWh in Runway Red. Didn't have any options to choose on it as it was a batch of them pre-built, so it was "take it or leave it". Slightly more kit than my old car, and a whopping great battery, so no complaints here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally got my Niro EV 3 on order in interstellar grey, without heat pump. Expected delivery November 15th.
Real shame I couldn't get a business lease order on earlier for the first batches. I think they opened them on July 12th. Then my local Renault dealer messed up my quote and nearly ordered a hybrid. After that the quote went up massively more rhan another lease company I had a quote from, as well as their lead time jumping once they got the quote right. So I jumped ship to Rivervale leasing and it's finally on order!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts