Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all asking via chat in YouTube comments video carwow did about electric car range price per mile .
What current real world range ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,860 Posts
My current range; zero. I can't use my car and I am paying for something I can't use.

It is not a car which comes with air conditioning. I was not told this. People should be warned. I get migraines with the stuffy air that results.

Get an Ioniq.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My current range; zero. I can't use my car and I am paying for something I can't use.

It is not a car which comes with air conditioning. I was not told this. People should be warned. I get migraines with the stuffy air that results.

Get an Ioniq.
Did you get entry level model ?
Would the Ioniq not be parked up too?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
232 Posts

Get an Ioniq.
What model do you have?

·
29,860 Posts
Play.

HKMC use separate heater and AC, so I have every reasonable expectation no such complications with Ioniq.

There again, I had every reasonable expectation to find this on the Zoe.

Range on Zoe 50 is, however, amazing. It is its one singular redeeming feature. I cannot, right now, think of anything else positive to say about it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Play.

HKMC use separate heater and AC, so I have every reasonable expectation no such complications with Ioniq.

There again, I had every reasonable expectation to find this on the Zoe.

Range on Zoe 50 is, however, amazing. It is its one singular redeeming feature. I cannot, right now, think of anything else positive to say about it.
What is your range this time of year ?

·
29,860 Posts
I'd say 200.

160 to 180 if I hammer it on the motorway.

It is so far that I have never really 'been able' to test the range in real terms.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
It is not a car which comes with air conditioning. I was not told this. People should be warned.
If its got the bog standard heat pump then yes it does have AC, just not AC at the same time as heating. It flip flops from heat to cooling which is why if you use it with "AC ON" it gets warm then cool then warm but never hot a dry.

·
29,860 Posts
If its got the bog standard heat pump then yes it does have AC, just not AC at the same time as heating. It flip flops from heat to cooling which is why if you use it with "AC ON" it gets warm then cool then warm but never hot a dry.
S'funny. Lost of you guys with Leaf and Zoe have said both run I have also driven older Leaf and Zoe and those appeared to run both at the same time.

There are two matrices and fluid can be put through both at the same time. Cooling the evaporator then putting that heat straight back into the condenser.

I think they have taken parts out and have withdrawn from telling anyone. Even the tech and service people initially said it did do this.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
S'funny. Lost of you guys with Leaf and Zoe have said both run I have also driven older Leaf and Zoe and those appeared to run both at the same time.

There are two matrices and fluid can be put through both at the same time. Cooling the evaporator then putting that heat straight back into the condenser.

I think they have taken parts out and have withdrawn from telling anyone. Even the tech and service people initially said it did do this.
I thought we agreed it’s because you have the poverty spec Zoe?

·
29,860 Posts
Difficult to tell. I tend to agree, but Renault seem to say all Zoes are like this, I am calling BS at the moment, they seem unclear.

·
29,860 Posts
Can I ask you to do this test? With AC off, if you turn on heat and hit recycle air only, then it'll mist up in this cold wet weather pretty quick, right?

Then hit AC. What happens?

Do the windows then clear?

Mine do not. Carries on misting.

I can only then clear (once misted and with heat and recycle still on and AC selected on) by turning down the heat setting to zero heat, whereupon the AC kicks in and clears the windows.

My understanding was always, and was also Renault's understanding and what it says in the handbook, that it DID run AC, but now they are saying it never meant to run AC so they have resisted me rejecting the car.

(Sorry for the thread distraction, I hope my earlier answer covers it. This other thing is obviously important to me at the moment.)

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
99 Posts
What is your range this time of year ?

About 325 km (200 miles) not using ECO drive and air conditioning is set to 22 ˙C, outside temperatures are below 0˙C (-10˙C over the night), do not have garage or canopy.

It's about 190 - 200 Wh/km (about 300 Wh/mile = 3,3 miles/kWh)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Can I ask you to do this test? With AC off, if you turn on heat and hit recycle air only, then it'll mist up in this cold wet weather pretty quick, right?

Then hit AC. What happens?

Do the windows then clear?

Mine do not. Carries on misting.

I can only then clear (once misted and with heat and recycle still on and AC selected on) by turning down the heat setting to zero heat, whereupon the AC kicks in and clears the windows.

My understanding was always, and was also Renault's understanding and what it says in the handbook, that it DID run AC, but now they are saying it never meant to run AC so they have resisted me rejecting the car.

(Sorry for the thread distraction, I hope my earlier answer covers it. This other thing is obviously important to me at the moment.)

Get in car, heat set to 20, press AC button everything clears really fast, I can feel the hot air too

The only annoyance is that the AC doesnt seem to run in auto mode.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,892 Posts
Play spec lists manual air conditioning and not automatic climate control. I don't think any other Zoes previously had manual aircon. Just automatic climate control.

The MG ZS is the only other EV I think of without climate control. I wonder if it has the same weakness?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts