Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had a kona delivered lately to the UK?

How long did it take? What Spec? Lease or Purchase?

Ordered a ultimate on 11th November. Heard nothing. Chased up 3 times with Hyundai UK but they've had no reply from the factory. Not sure how long I'll be waiting now.

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
I am quite “close” to a Hyundai dealer told 5 minutes ago that it is 22 weeks for a “today” order (end of July)

In theory, your Nov order, which will have missed December production ,cos not ordered in 1st week of Nov, should have been in January’s production

If I had to guess I would say “May or very end of May” for yours👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that... quite sad news. That would be 7 months :eek: (30 weeks!) Hyundai UK told me last week that 'today' orders were currently 35-37 weeks so it all seems confusing. My dealer is nice enough but I get the feeling Hyundai tell them nothing.

If it was in January production, would it not be ready to ship by mid Feb, and arrive latest the end of March? Or is that too optimistic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm waiting on a lease car. Ordered just before Christmas on an 'in stock soon' basis and there were limited colours to pick from. Due to arrive at PDI centre on 10th Feb and then we me in about 2 weeks hopefully.

·
Registered
Kona Electric Premium, Pulse Red, manufactured October 2021
217 Posts
Anyone had a kona delivered lately to the UK?

How long did it take? What Spec? Lease or Purchase?

Ordered a ultimate on 11th November. Heard nothing. Chased up 3 times with Hyundai UK but they've had no reply from the factory. Not sure how long I'll be waiting now.
Had a Kona Premium 64KWh delivered on 12th January, which was ordered through my local dealer on 8th August! To be fair the dealership could have delivered it in mid-December, but the date they finally gave me was only a couple fo days before I flewto the USA to visit family for Christmas, so I deferred taking it for another 3 or 4 weeks.

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ
433 Posts
I am quite “close” to a Hyundai dealer told 5 minutes ago that it is 22 weeks for a “today” order (end of July)

In theory, your Nov order, which will have missed December production ,cos not ordered in 1st week of Nov, should have been in January’s production

If I had to guess I would say “May or very end of May” for yours👍
Your dealer may be a little optimistic. I’m seeing late August/early September and that’s assuming no additional hold ups once it arrives in the UK as there’s been a shortage of drivers to deliver from arrival at the docks to the dealer.

Don’t get me wrong Hyundai have quite often beaten their estimated build dates, but especially in the current climate I personally wouldn’t like to be quoting ‘only’ 22 weeks.

For anyone reading this thread thinking of buying a Kona, there are a lot of dealer build slots that aren’t assigned to customers yet, as well as a few dealers that even have cars in stock ready to drive away today. Most of these pre-builts are Premium trims with no extras and 75% 64kWh, 25% 39kWh. Range of different colors. So if not too picky most people won’t have to wait anywhere near this long for a car.

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ
433 Posts
From reading this I guess I was very lucky.

I ordered a 64khw Kona Premium SE in Knight Grey around the 10th October. It arrived on New Year's Eve.

This was through Lex autolease
I assume you mean an earlier year and not October last year? - So probably before all of these issues started. In which case that sounds about right for a regular factory order with the usual slight delay for leasing companies.

The Premium SE hasn't been on sale for quite some time now. Since the facelift model came out the UK Offering is SE Connect, Premium, and Ultimate.

If you have actually managed to get a Premium SE delivered only a month ago then that must have been pre-built and sitting around for at least a year now.

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
Had a Kona Premium 64KWh delivered on 12th January, which was ordered through my local dealer on 8th August! To be fair the dealership could have delivered it in mid-December, but the date they finally gave me was only a couple fo days before I flewto the USA to visit family for Christmas, so I deferred taking it for another 3 or 4 weeks.
so 157 days from order.....22 weeks 3 days :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone, been a bit of a lurker with reading things ahead of the arrival of my Kona 64kWh Premium.

Thought I'd add another data point here to chip in.

Ordered in the middle of November for a 'quick delivery' order. Was told when the order was placed with Hyundai that it would be around late Feb / early March.

At the beginning of the New Year, I received an update telling me that its arrival had been moved forward slightly to be w/c 21st Feb.

Hopefully that remains to be true!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I fail to see why that's funny. I wasn't in a great rush, for a variety of reasons, and I was prepared to wait for a car that was not in either their gruesome blue or one of the many shades of boring grey that they were able to supply more quickly. I know that this was going to be a factory order, and the car was delivered to the dealership pretty much bang on the date they quoted me when I ordered, and meanwhile I was able to complete a number of ongoing building taks around here that enabled install installation of a charge point. It all worked out fine for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, FYI I ordered a 64kWh Ultimate with the optional heat pump and Pearl Black paint on 22nd Jan and were quoted 22wks, although he was optimistic that this would be brought forward (even with the non-standard production order).

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
I fail to see why that's funny. I wasn't in a great rush, for a variety of reasons, and I was prepared to wait for a car that was not in either their gruesome blue or one of the many shades of boring grey that they were able to supply more quickly. I know that this was going to be a factory order, and the car was delivered to the dealership pretty much bang on the date they quoted me when I ordered, and meanwhile I was able to complete a number of ongoing building taks around here that enabled install installation of a charge point. It all worked out fine for me.
Sorry, wasnt in any way laughing at you, my fault for replying direct
I had posted elsewhere that lead time was 22weeks, some had said that 22 weeks was “optimistic”
Your experience shows that my posted info was more accurate than optimistic👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
I assume you mean an earlier year and not October last year? - So probably before all of these issues started. In which case that sounds about right for a regular factory order with the usual slight delay for leasing companies.

The Premium SE hasn't been on sale for quite some time now. Since the facelift model came out the UK Offering is SE Connect, Premium, and Ultimate.

If you have actually managed to get a Premium SE delivered only a month ago then that must have been pre-built and sitting around for at least a year now.
No, ordered Oct 21, received Dec 21.
Uk

Apologies, just checked and it is a "Premium". It was referenced as Premium SE on the company list but the documentation only refers to Premium.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry, wasnt in any way laughing at you, my fault for replying direct
I had posted elsewhere that lead time was 22weeks, some had said that 22 weeks was “optimistic”
Your experience shows that my posted info was more accurate than optimistic👍
OK, I'll take that at face value - but the emoticon you used got displayed in the email I received as "ROFLMAO", which I read as "Rolling On Floor Laughing My Arse Off", hence my understanding that you were laughing ...

Cheshirecat replied to a discussion you are following at Current UK delivery times
View Discussion

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
1 - 20 of 303 Posts