Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
I am quite “close” to a Hyundai dealer told 5 minutes ago that it is 22 weeks for a “today” order (end of July)

In theory, your Nov order, which will have missed December production ,cos not ordered in 1st week of Nov, should have been in January’s production

If I had to guess I would say “May or very end of May” for yours👍

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
Had a Kona Premium 64KWh delivered on 12th January, which was ordered through my local dealer on 8th August! To be fair the dealership could have delivered it in mid-December, but the date they finally gave me was only a couple fo days before I flewto the USA to visit family for Christmas, so I deferred taking it for another 3 or 4 weeks.
so 157 days from order.....22 weeks 3 days :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
I fail to see why that's funny. I wasn't in a great rush, for a variety of reasons, and I was prepared to wait for a car that was not in either their gruesome blue or one of the many shades of boring grey that they were able to supply more quickly. I know that this was going to be a factory order, and the car was delivered to the dealership pretty much bang on the date they quoted me when I ordered, and meanwhile I was able to complete a number of ongoing building taks around here that enabled install installation of a charge point. It all worked out fine for me.
Sorry, wasnt in any way laughing at you, my fault for replying direct
I had posted elsewhere that lead time was 22weeks, some had said that 22 weeks was “optimistic”
Your experience shows that my posted info was more accurate than optimistic👍

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
Sounds good, have you had that confirmed from the dealer regarding delivery times?

Still sounds completely optimistic given the info from dealer bulletins they have fed to me, but I hope you are right👍

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
And that is the frustrating element. when we ordered our Seat Ateca in 2019, you were able to log into the Seat website and see your projected build date etc. With Hyundai ......................... Nada.
In 2019 there was no covid and no chip shortage
In fairness, comparing Seat2019 to Hyundai2022 is comparing lettuce with Black pudding

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
I'm not comparing the cars am I? My frustration is very clearly focused upon the poor customer service, lack of feedback and expectation management.
You were comparing the customer service though of 2 manufacturers in different times

The lack of information is at arrogant Manufacturer level……across the board.
The Dealerships, in general, are struggling to cope with this lack of information coming to them .

Not defending any of it

( Try ringing Seat today expressing a mild interest in a Cupra Born…..see if anyone even rings you back)

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
I think its all guesswork anyway. Regardless of Order date, if the car is not built yet….any “date” is probably just to keep us interested
Ordered mine in January, for “March Build” for ”July on the road”

Not built yet👎

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
It is painful waiting for cars at the moment, I have a Kona 64 Ultimate in Cyber Grey on order from March and the latest date for delivery to me is November. 8 months! Like Alexthekid my current car is drinking petrol super fast and I can’t wait to switch. Need to be patient…
I also have a Cyber Grey 64 Ultimate on order, but from January. I have been told September
To be fair, the day I ordered it, I was told 22 weeks…..so at the moment 10 ish weeks late

Fortunately, current car is an eNiro 64….so Im quite relaxed👍

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
1,999 Posts
If you are planning to lease then gateway2lease claim to have some "in stock" Kona 64 Premiums.

I sourced my Kona from them in March and its being delivered in 3 days time. They had/have preordered Konas via Lex Auto that arrived at Tilbury in late March.

Although prices have gone up a bit since March, if you want a Kona (and fast) then maybe thats an option?

£360 a month equivalent over 4 years….too rich for me….I’ll wait for my Ultimate 👍

1 - 18 of 18 Posts