Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
281 - 300 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks ,I took the date of 18th from post 271 but maybe it is 4th . Do you have the name of the ship?
I've been told that mine is due to be arrive in Tilbury on the 18th November, so I'm guessing they're pumping out as many as possible at the moment. The ship in the 4th is the Morning Chant, but it's coming from Kwangywang, not Ulsan.

Schedule - EUKOR you can search there for ships from Korea to Tilbury.

·
Registered
Waiting delivery
22 Posts
I've been checking what's due to arrive at Tilbury on the 18th November, but haven't found one yet. It's currently showing the 4th November.
Thanks ,I took the date of 18th from post 271 but maybe it is 4th . Do you have the name of the ship?
Mine has been confirmed by Hyundai as arriving at dock at Tilbury on 18.11.2022

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum and would like to share my expected delivery date for my Kona EV Ultimate - Jungle Green with the light interior. The first guesstimate was for December 2022, I ordered on 15th April 2022. I then received an update in July that the build date was now November 4th with delivery to dealer expected on 29th January 2023. Yesterday I received another update, build date moved to 31st October 2022 and delivery to dealer for 14th January. I wouldn't mind if it moves by a couple of weeks next month! ;) I continue to wait patiently

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum and would like to share my expected delivery date for my Kona EV Ultimate - Jungle Green with the light interior. The first guesstimate was for December 2022, I ordered on 15th April 2022. I then received an update in July that the build date was now November 4th with delivery to dealer expected on 29th January 2023. Yesterday I received another update, build date moved to 31st October 2022 and delivery to dealer for 14th January. I wouldn't mind if it moves by a couple of weeks next month! ;) I continue to wait patiently
That’s the same spec and colour I’m getting. I ordered mine 2nd April and was told at that time it would be delivered September 2022 (which I laughed at, knowing that was never going to happen).
I was then told earlier this month that ours is looking very likely mid January. So it looks like we might our cars about the same time. 🤞

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Daisy, welcome to the forum, I have found it really helpful.
Your dates sound about right. I ordered 1
Month before you and my car expected to be built by 30th September with expected arrival to dealer in mid December. At one point I was told March 23, so I am very pleased with the latest updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On checking my order of 7/5/22 for 39kwh premium in Cyber Grey I was given 16th Nov complete, 30th Nov ship Feb delivery. Am I likely to get the updated model MY23 if so what is it, and will the price on my order form hold. any ideas ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
On checking my order of 7/5/22 for 39kwh premium in Cyber Grey I was given 16th Nov complete, 30th Nov ship Feb delivery. Am I likely to get the updated model MY23 if so what is it, and will the price on my order form hold. any ideas ?
I think it would be highly unlikely you would get an updated model without hearing direct from Hyundai. I’m no expert but if you order a certain model that will be the model you get.

·
Registered
2022 Kona 64Kwh Ultimate
18 Posts
My understanding is that the MY23 only has minor updates on the MY22, and all outstanding orders will be MY23.

The facelifted, slightly larger new model is not due to be delivered until late 2023, with orders being taken early next year (presumably this will be MY24?) I'd think it extremely unlikely that any orders in progress will be substituted for the new generation, although dealers may be able to amend existing orders if they cannot be fulfilled or are cancelled by Hyundai.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just doing a quick check of ships and departures. The Morning Chant is current docked in Pyeongtaek and is due to depart on 30th September and arrive at Tilbury on 4th November, which is roughly in line with what I've been told from my dealer (although arrival is 10 days earlier than expected). I know most Hyundais seem to come from Ulsan, but a quick Google search says that they dispatch a smaller amount from Pyeongtaek, so hopefully I've found the ship and can track it over the next month or so!

·
Registered
25 Posts
It sounds like you are on the home stretch for delivery of your wife's Kona, brilliant. I hope it is not held up at Tilbury for too long. Can't wait to be in the same position.
That is the thing, anything can happen in the meantime but fingers crossed it will go as expected. Ship is currently heading for the Suez.
By the time it gets through to dealer it will be 9.5 months
Last year my ID.3 was just under 6 months.

Reactions: DaisyDD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did they say what the build date was? Just trying to work out what the usual gap between build and shipping is.
Sorry no. All I know of on that score is that an earlier update said it will complete its build by end of August.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Normally the build takes around a week or two, car can then be in port ready to ship for up to month depending on shipping. Ship takes between 4-5 weeks to arrive in Tilbury and then a further 2/3 weeks to ship to dealer after. All in all 10-11 weeks from build to delivery is a good ball park. Add an extra few days for the dealer to prep the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did they say what the build date was? Just trying to work out what the usual gap between build and shipping is.
Hi JoshDelve, below are the two Production Orders my dealership furnished me with. As you can see it doesn't give an actual build date but does give a completion date. The shipping dates seem consistent to within a couple of days of each other.
Font Rectangle Number Circle Screenshot
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
2022 Kona 64Kwh Ultimate
18 Posts
Ultimate in Jungle Green with light interior (popular combination it seems!) ordered 27/06/22 with original dealer estimate delivery end December. Just received update from Hyundai UK Supply stating that build due to be completed 31/10/22 and arriving Tilbury 03/01/23. Allowing 2 weeks for prep and then transfer to dealer, I'm hoping to get it by the end of January!

281 - 300 of 381 Posts