Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If it's helpful to anybody: Ultimates [and highlanders for the aussie market] ordered between November 6th and sometime in December went into production this week so for those orders we're looking at 10 weeks. (Assuming 2 weeks from Tilbury to dealership)

·
Registered
NiroEV “4”
2,435 Posts
Sounds good, have you had that confirmed from the dealer regarding delivery times?

Still sounds completely optimistic given the info from dealer bulletins they have fed to me, but I hope you are right👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sounds good, have you had that confirmed from the dealer regarding delivery times?

Still sounds completely optimistic given the info from dealer bulletins they have fed to me, but I hope you are right👍
Nope, this [Production info] was directly from Hyundai in South Korea. They don't even bother to inform Hyundai UK or the dealers, which seems to be why people have a lot of hate for the dealers and Hyundai right now.

Once we had the production timetable, we were able to confirm with Hyundai UK the lead times at Tilbury etc. Can't be more specific as I haven't bothered to look into shipping timetables, but I suspect arrival will be between 16th and 30th April. I should probably email my dealer and give him the info, but I guess he'll know when it arrives in Tilbury anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nope, this [Production info] was directly from Hyundai in South Korea. They don't even bother to inform Hyundai UK or the dealers, which seems to be why people have a lot of hate for the dealers and Hyundai right now.

Once we had the production timetable, we were able to confirm with Hyundai UK the lead times at Tilbury etc. Can't be more specific as I haven't bothered to look into shipping timetables, but I suspect arrival will be between 16th and 30th April. I should probably email my dealer and give him the info, but I guess he'll know when it arrives in Tilbury anyway.
Where are you finding that out? I think my Premium should probably be in Tilbury by now but all I have is a w/c 21st feb estimate to me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Where are you finding that out? I think my Premium should probably be in Tilbury by now but all I have is a w/c 21st feb estimate to me
If it's at Tilbury, Hyundai UK should know. You can call them on 0800 6920825 and ask with your order number. (The possibly even know once it's en route TO tilbury, but not sure about that. Maybe another member can clear it up?)

If it's not on a ship yet, it's rather more complicated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@owly Just to add to the conversation. We ordered a 64kWh Premium in Dive Blue on 11th December. Based on the comments here I chased the dealer today and they sent me the Order to Delivery screen shot that shows it shipped on 19th Jan, and due in to UK 3rd March and with the dealer on 16th. Might be worth hassling the dealer for the Hyundai 10 digit order number and Direct Tweet Hyundai UK if the dealer won't provide the info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@owly Just to add to the conversation. We ordered a 64kWh Premium in Dive Blue on 11th December. Based on the comments here I chased the dealer today and they sent me the Order to Delivery screen shot that shows it shipped on 19th Jan, and due in to UK 3rd March and with the dealer on 16th. Might be worth hassling the dealer for the Hyundai 10 digit order number and Direct Tweet Hyundai UK if the dealer won't provide the info.
Excellent news for you. Hope you love it. Worth noting that Hyundai UK can find the order number directly for you if the dealer is being a pain in the ass. Also fits in the 10 week window for 'production to delivery' timings.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Electric Premium 2022
96 Posts
I've been lucky enough to get a cancelled order delivered in March 3 weeks after contemplating on buying a new order and having been told there would be a 6 month wait. I've opted for the GuardX ceramic coating offered by the dealer. I'd appreciate recommendations for any other useful accessories It's time to say goodbye to the three year old Leaf Tekna soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been lucky enough to get a cancelled order delivered in March 3 weeks after contemplating on buying a new order and having been told there would be a 6 month wait. I've opted for the GuardX ceramic coating offered by the dealer. I'd appreciate recommendations for any other useful accessories It's time to say goodbye to the three year old Leaf Tekna soon.
Try and get some mats from the dealer for free

·
Registered
26 Posts
If it helps anybody else. I think I have found the ship with our car on it. The Hyundai system said ours shipped 19th Jan and "Morning Pilot" was in Ulsan then and is due into Southampton on the 28th. Might get it a week or two earlier. Fingers crossed for anyone who ordered early Dec.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hyundai vehicle carriers usually berth at Tilbury docks not Southampton. Would recheck what vehicle carrier you believe your car is on.

Hyundai cars are collected from Tilbury by car transporters for delivery to dealerships.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hyundai vehicle carriers usually berth at Tilbury docks not Southampton. Would recheck what vehicle carrier you believe your car is on.

Hyundai cars are collected from Tilbury by car transporters for delivery to dealerships.
I had read that, but Eukor appear to be the main shipping company and they have 4 car carriers due in Southampton from Ulsan over the next month, and nothing at Tilbury until the end of March.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had read that, but Eukor appear to be the main shipping company and they have 4 car carriers due in Southampton from Ulsan over the next month, and nothing at Tilbury until the end of March.

THE Morning Pilot which departed Ulsan on the 22nd of January is enroute to the port of Bremerhaven, Germany and it's ETA is February 28th at 1400 hours.

EUKOR provide vehicle carrier services to many companies not just Hyundai and KIA.

My car came into Tilbury on the Morning Lynn in early December and in all the months of checking the EUKOR fleet for arrivals I never saw a ship that arrived at Southampton then proceed to Tilbury to offload any Hyundai vehicles.

21 - 40 of 381 Posts