Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
having been the early adopter of a Renault Zoe back in 2015 we need to get another city run-about and are considering the ID3 as it seems to offer everything one could ask from a car. Conscious that there were some interesting PCP deals around after the initial surge of the First Edition.
Would really appreciate if members could share any knowledge which might help me to better understand the ID3 target price.
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
557 Posts
I think the best PCP offer I got last year was around £255 a month for 4 years with £3k down on a Life Pro Performance but by the time I got back to them it had gone and I got one for about £10 a month more although we settled in January so I can't remember 100% on the monthly's. You might be able to get a Life Pro for around that prices maybe a little higher now if you really shop around and leave it till a month/quarter end otherwise the Pure might be a better option if you can live with the reduction in range.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the best PCP offer I got last year was around £255 a month for 4 years with £3k down on a Life Pro Performance but by the time I got back to them it had gone and I got one for about £10 a month more although we settled in January so I can't remember 100% on the monthly's. You might be able to get a Life Pro for around that prices maybe a little higher now if you really shop around and leave it till a month/quarter end otherwise the Pure might be a better option if you can live with the reduction in range.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. VW is offering a deposit contribution of £1750 for cars through PCP. Is this the max that can be achieved at the moment?

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
628 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. VW is offering a deposit contribution of £1750 for cars through PCP. Is this the max that can be achieved at the moment?
I would look on autotrader for new cars 21 reg with finance deals.
I saw a basic Life for £27.4k at 4.9% APR. In Leicester Parkway I think.
Seems decent but no idea of the details!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would look on autotrader for new cars 21 reg with finance deals.
I saw a basic Life for £27.4k at 4.9% APR. In Leicester Parkway I think.
Seems decent but no idea of the details!
You can do better than that. You should ve aiming for the drivethedeal price.

Although there's been a price rise on April 1st, I got a built ID3 Life Pro Performance with 18" Easy Derry Alloys and metallic paint for £27416 inclusive of the deposit contribution, which was around £450 below the DTD price.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
628 Posts
You can do better than that. You should ve aiming for the drivethedeal price.

Although there's been a price rise on April 1st, I got a built ID3 Life Pro Performance with 18" Easy Derry Alloys and metallic paint for £27416 inclusive of the deposit contribution, which was around £450 below the DTD price.
Was that a factory build or stock?
Was it a 21 reg??
Generally bargains are much harder to come by at the moment and as you suggest you can easily blow a couple of grand on the wrong deal. Auto trader has massive variation for instance.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Was that a factory build or stock?
Was it a 21 reg??
Generally bargains are much harder to come by at the moment and as you suggest you can easily blow a couple of grand on the wrong deal. Auto trader has massive variation for instance.
It was a built but not yet delivered car not tied to a particular order, so the dealership group grabbed it. I'd initially made enquiries with Autotrader but I managed to beat their price by about £600. There's a dealership I've had 2 cars from - first was with drivethedeal then I cut out the middle man and they seemed a little confused that they couldn't beat the autotrader deal until they decided to take the deposit contribution into account (which Autotrafer had) and they'd smashed the price. It's been built and sat at Emden since March 9th. If you want more info about the dealer then pm me.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I’ll drive one tomorrow, looking forward what it will feel like. But then I am also testing a model 3 tomorrow - decisions decisions
If you're prepared to get under the £35k RRP limit on the ID3 for the grant, you're already saving a lot vs the cheapest Model 3.

I would definitely use the drivdthedeal price for the ID3 as a bench mark to be aiming for. Not sure how accessible descounts are on the Tesla.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tip, that’s my thinking, too. The ID only makes sense in the Life version, the others are getting too close to the Model3. Not aware of any discount by Tesla though.
I think the ID3 will be the more practical and cheaper, the Tesla is probably the one I always wanted - even before I got the Zoe.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks for the tip, that’s my thinking, too. The ID only makes sense in the Life version, the others are getting too close to the Model3. Not aware of any discount by Tesla though.
I think the ID3 will be the more practical and cheaper, the Tesla is probably the one I always wanted - even before I got the Zoe.
Tesla has great battery/drivetrain tech, but the build quality of the bodywork/interior is shocking on most examples I've seen. Hopefully getting an ID3 with 2.1 software installed will avoid the software woes that 1st wave ID3 buyers have experienced.

It's a pity you didn't order a month ago. I've just configured my car on the VW website and it's gone up £1075 in the April 1st price rise (Life Pro Performance 204ps + metallic paint + East Derry 18" alloys). Don't discount the free "moonstone grey" paint. Until I'd seen one in the flesh I wouldn't have considered it, but quite liked it when I saw it. I went with Glacier White.

If you go with the Life Pro Performance + alloys and metallic paint, in light of the recent price rise, i'd say £28500 to £29000 would be a great price (inclusive of £1750 deposit contribution and £2500 grant).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done, how long will you have to wait?
What are the seat covers like on the life. Seen them in the pictures and they looked a bit like a golf from the early 90s.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What are the seat covers like on the life. Seen them in the pictures and they looked a bit like a golf from the early 90s.
IMO the life has the worst looking seat covers, the central panel is like a light grey/powder blue combo - 90s Golf is about right. I'm used to performance VW interiors with Sports seats, so it's a bit of a come down. The seats are every bit as comfortable as Golf GTI Sports Seats. Some of the higher spec ID3s get Alcantara trim on the outer parts of the seats, which look a lot better.

My car has been built and stuck at Emden since 9th March. Every week I'm told it is bring prioritised for shipping and its still expected for my pick-up by end of April - no chance now.

I paid £27416 for mine, beating the (then) driveghedesl price by about £450.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,804 Posts
I’ll drive one tomorrow, looking forward what it will feel like. But then I am also testing a model 3 tomorrow - decisions decisions
It will be interesting to hear your thoughts after the test drives.

They both have strengths and weaknesses to be fair, but a Tesla does have a lot of allure for sure.

·
Registered
BMW i3
485 Posts
I had a raggedy loan car this week, and discovered the inspiration for the Life seats.

Bonus points for naming the car!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.