Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would just like to thank @CYC for there help at Brindley Drive, Birmingham.

Charge worked perfectly, spaces clearly marked and ICE free but on returning my phone would not connect to the internet to allow the cable to disconnect. Rang the help desk, the answer phone gave me a mobile number to ring which was answered within seconds. The helpful chap on the end of the line remotely connected to the charge post and hay presto my cable released.

Well done, please could you take over the running of the whole charging network country wide, or at least show the others how to do it

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I've had similar experiences with @CYC too. The out of office number is always answered and the fix congress pretty quickly. These guys set the benchmark for EV customer service in my view.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I concur. Had a good experience with them in York (Nunnery Lane Car Park) on Friday night / Saturday morning. RFID card ordered.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had similar experiences with @CYC too. The out of office number is always answered and the fix congress pretty quickly. These guys set the benchmark for EV customer service in my view.
The guy on the mobile number is really helpfull. He fixes most problems that he is able to within minutes

·
Registered
243 Posts
Have to agree the day to day help is fine, however, the fixing of charge post faults appears to be a bit of a problem.
Reported one of the sockets on a post at Merchants Quay, Salford as not working about 6 weeks ago. After repeated contact to question when this will be fixed (and missing out on a charge on a couple of occasions), I eventually received the following reply:

"I’m finding out exactly what is happening with this one for you but just so you know in advance, if there turns out to be a physical problem with the socket then it will have to be removed from the ground and returned to the manufacturer. Obviously this is something to be avoided wherever possible but replacing the socket is quite a big job."

So, they have installed charging posts where, if one of the components is broken, they have to remove the whole post to return to the manufacturer? This is either complete incompetence on the part of the person choosing the post to install, or an outright lie to fob me off. Either way, it is a black mark on a company who otherwise have excellent customer services.
Time will tell. I guess.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Have to agree the day to day help is fine, however, the fixing of charge post faults appears to be a bit of a problem.
Reported one of the sockets on a post at Merchants Quay, Salford as not working about 6 weeks ago. After repeated contact to question when this will be fixed (and missing out on a charge on a couple of occasions), I eventually received the following reply:

"I’m finding out exactly what is happening with this one for you but just so you know in advance, if there turns out to be a physical problem with the socket then it will have to be removed from the ground and returned to the manufacturer. Obviously this is something to be avoided wherever possible but replacing the socket is quite a big job."

So, they have installed charging posts where, if one of the components is broken, they have to remove the whole post to return to the manufacturer? This is either complete incompetence on the part of the person choosing the post to install, or an outright lie to fob me off. Either way, it is a black mark on a company who otherwise have excellent customer services.
Time will tell. I guess.
Worth remembering that CYC don't actually own most of the posts, they just support the back office functions - so if someone has installed substandard hardware it's almost certainly not CYC's fault.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very true but the price they pay for being the public face of the GMEV systems.
If the whole post has to come out to replace a socket then the manufacturer should come out with a new post to replace it at the and time. From a customer point of view, I don't care how difficult it is to repair, just get it fixed.
My guess is that, after 6 weeks, an engineer hasn't even considered looking at the post yet let alone consider fixing it. Of someone had been out to look at the post they response from CYC would have been less vague.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Reported one of the sockets on a post at Merchants Quay, Salford as not working about 6 weeks ago....
Bear in mind CYC don't actually fix the points themselves - just pass the info onto the actual owners.

There's quite a few down around Manchester at the moment.
Altrincham has been dead for a while - though it only shows us a single point on the map so one side might be ok.
Greenpark Road has had one dead side for ages.
Not that anyone uses Greenpark much being in a slightly weird place.

Off topic but I recently found there's a GMEV point at Wythenshawe Forum.
Not on the @CYC maps but is on zap map https://www.zap-map.com/pts/mjlnxaz/
Go figure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good to know, we were planning a trip to Brum today and was planning to use those charges /car park. Our plans changed but good to hear that all is okey dokey charge wise at that location. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've only spoken to them a couple of times on the phone, but they've been very helpful and friendly.

A rapid wouldn't recognise my card but the guy started it remotely on about 30 seconds. I didn't make any kind of fuss but the chap was still very apologetic, which although wasn't necessary it does show he was customer focused.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just had an update regarding the Merchants Quay charge point - looks like it is working now.
Thanks @CYC - means I don't have to race to get there ahead of the Outlander in the morning!

Update: both points working yesterday and both of is on there at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts