Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to @CYC for honestly saying "we don't know" when their systems have failed to contact a charge point, and as such it is unlikely to work for app access and RFID cards that haven't previously been pushed or cached at that charger.

The large number of these shows that mobile data, though cheap for such installs, is not really that reliable, especially in the highlands of Scotland.

Either that, or the charge points genuinely are off, and are in an unknown state.

cyc-honest.png

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are you referring to after the charger ID? Wasn't aware of what the map was previously like!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you referring to after the charger ID? Wasn't aware of what the map was previously like!
Yes. They previously only showed a per-connector 'last updated on', which isn't the same as flagging the unit as incommunicado.

When a charge point is not communicating, it might work for RFID users, if the charge point is powered, and if the RFID is known to that particular charge point, either because it's been used there before, or because CYC have pro-actively pushed a list of RFIDs to the charge points that are known to have regular networking outages.

CYC have previously stated that a lot of the chargers in the Scottish Highlands have had a list of RFIDs pushed to them because of this problem.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Very interesting @Simon Hewison, thanks for that.

May look at getting this on my map too - could be very handy indeed...

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I will soon be using some in the Highlands that are currently showing the 'Offline since' message but still currently seem to be in service ie showing as idle which I hope means they are in service. I'll let you know how it goes ....... or not.

This one worries me a bit though, look at the last update line ....

West Bay Car Park, Mallaig
Charge Point
Tariff
Free tariff
Connector1
62196 Type 2
Status
IDLE
Last updated on
2016-01-19 12:05:35.0
Power Output
43.0kW
Connector2
CHAdeMO
Status
IDLE
Last updated on
2016-01-19 13:38:03.0

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, yep we updated the Map to show more info and get rid of the 'unknown' status but I'm not sure if we'll be rolling it back as we've had some really negative feedback from drivers about it. Being discussed tomorrow

·
9,719 Posts
some really negative feedback from drivers about it.
How can you be negative about providing more info...

Tell you want I would like to see, but I don't have enough data to work how I would do it: A confidence factor on the map, where points are actively communicating and had good sessions you are more confident that work, and ones that are hit and miss have a lower confidence factor. The ones with less confidence can be shown with less prominence on the map.

Along with the confidence factor, a usage graph. I.e. this unit is mostly used on Fridays between 4-6pm.

·
Registered
317 Posts
How can you be negative about providing more info...
You'd be surprised...

Tell you want I would like to see, but I don't have enough data to work how I would do it: A confidence factor on the map, where points are actively communicating and had good sessions you are more confident that work, and ones that are hit and miss have a lower confidence factor. The ones with less confidence can be shown with less prominence on the map.

Along with the confidence factor, a usage graph. I.e. this unit is mostly used on Fridays between 4-6pm.
New Generation of CYC site and map is launching in coming months. Keep your eyes peeled! Any and all suggestions welcomed. We'll be advertising for Beta testers soon as well as trying to organise some sort of open forum for feedback.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
You'd be surprised...

New Generation of CYC site and map is launching in coming months. Keep your eyes peeled! Any and all suggestions welcomed. We'll be advertising for Beta testers soon as well as trying to organise some sort of open forum for feedback.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, peoples are Assholes. Ignore them, just do it the way your are, its the right way to do things.

I'm up for Beta testing, done it for a few firms before.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You'd be surprised...

Why has the BATH ODD DOWN charge points disappeared with this extra info on the map? It was there today with two of us using it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Got to love a bit of beta site action...

My map beta site has proved very worthwhile indeed, get great feedback and really helps get a fresh set of eyes over my work. Easy to implement too.

Feel free @CYC to get in touch if you want any assistance, spent a lot of time on creating routing algorithms..

·
Registered
317 Posts
We'll be posting in the near future when we're looking for people to help test and give feedback/suggestions, don't worry. We can't have too many as it will be impossible to manage but we're looking for about 30 I would suspect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts