Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Today tried to charge at a D2N2 charger and it did not respond. Later at home tried CYC and D2N2 websites, both down.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,275 Posts
Hi,

Today tried to charge at a D2N2 charger and it did not respond. Later at home tried CYC and D2N2 websites, both down.

Anyone else?
Yup. Chargeplace Scotland (The same CYC System) is also dead. I had the same problem last night too. Some chargepoints are working without authorization, others are just non functional without a data connection.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
I think BP chargemaster tweeted they were having some bother with all their systems. That was earlier today.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Reactions: Kingpleb1

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm too slow, thanks everyone...:censored:

And now CYC website is back up....

·
Registered
Leaf e+
209 Posts
Ahh explains why I was unable to use a CYC post this morning in Brighton - tried both Polar Plus card and CYC app and no dice.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Ahh explains why I was unable to use a CYC post this morning in Brighton - tried both Polar Plus card and CYC app and no dice.
Totally dead, all of them.

CPS stopped answering their helpline

I had to use a Plugshare Home charger to get home.

I suspect BPCHARGERMASTER will not get a contact renewal from Transport Scotland

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I hope more places drop them like a rock as it may make then realise they can't just keep being sh1t3.
It's one area people can't complain about EH as when they have issues at least the units go freevend and don't ditch you. Engenie do the same now as well.
And when you pay a subscription it beggers belief.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
You see CPS/CYC and their other brands are supposed to have had a plan in place to make them work offline for everyone by keeping a whitelist database of RFID Cards. The problem isn't only that there are some crazy people who choose to use their terrible app, but also that most of the locations around me haven't updated this whitelist since some time in 2015!

I'm curious. If people here on the forums could decide who the Scottish contract would go to to replace Chargemaster, which company would you pick to take over the network?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You see CPS/CYC and their other brands are supposed to have had a plan in place to make them work offline for everyone by keeping a whitelist database of RFID Cards. The problem isn't only that there are some crazy people who choose to use their terrible app, but also that most of the locations around me haven't updated this whitelist since some time in 2015!

I'm curious. If people here on the forums could decide who the Scottish contract would go to to replace Chargemaster, which company would you pick to take over the network?
Probably a Scottish based startup.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
Instavolt or Engenie should get the contract. No point pissing about with newbies that don't have a clue. You want a charging network that just works.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Instavolt or Engenie should get the contract. No point pissing about with newbies that don't have a clue. You want a charging network that just works.
Instavolt only do rapids. But the Chargepoint brand that they're a part of could be a safe bet. They're big over in the US and I have had a pretty positive experience with them both there, and the few they have in the UK too.

One of the rumors I have heard is that they're in talks with the people behind Geniepoint. I personally wouldn't have a problem with that as they're pretty good at keeping their network going from what I've seen, though I'm sure some wouldn't like having to top up an account.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Instavolt only do rapids. But the Chargepoint brand that they're a part of could be a safe bet. They're big over in the US and I have had a pretty positive experience with them both there, and the few they have in the UK too.

One of the rumors I have heard is that they're in talks with the people behind Geniepoint. I personally wouldn't have a problem with that as they're pretty good at keeping their network going from what I've seen, though I'm sure some wouldn't like having to top up an account.
The problem id have with it is that they already have a large swathe of council/area contracts and it's an eggs in baskets scenario. Moving to Engenie or a Scot startup would be best. Yes a monopoly but a gov run would be the best way as prices could stay cheap and would mean less faffing around in some respects. An NGO of sorts?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
The problem id have with it is that they already have a large swathe of council/area contracts and it's an eggs in baskets scenario. Moving to Engenie or a Scot startup would be best. Yes a monopoly but a gov run would be the best way as prices could stay cheap and would mean less faffing around in some respects. An NGO of sorts?
No way would it be a good idea to have CPS run through a back office of a competitor such as Instavolt.

It needs a provider with good technical solutions AND a strong social service ethos!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
This was a complete disaster (thankfully not for me as I had plenty of charge). CPS doing a great job at maintaining the units and opening large hubs across central belt Scotland but what is the point if the entire system goes down. Must have been people stranded across Scotland (particularly those doing the NC500).

Met a guy on his first long trip after buying a leaf stranded at the new charging hub in Falkirk. His family did not look best pleased with him. This was despite both me and him having an RFID card. The CYC network in Scotland should be treated the same as an essential utilty.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
This was a complete disaster (thankfully not for me as I had plenty of charge). CPS doing a great job at maintaining the units and opening large hubs across central belt Scotland but what is the point if the entire system goes down. Must have been people stranded across Scotland (particularly those doing the NC500).

Met a guy on his first long trip after buying a leaf stranded at the new charging hub in Falkirk. His family did not look best pleased with him. This was despite both me and him having an RFID card. The CYC network in Scotland should be treated the same as an essential utilty.
Must admit I can't find myself trusting an oil company, beyond petroleum or whatever greenwash they cover themselves with, to deliver an electric car charging back office. Case in point is the lack of maintenance of the whitelists.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts