Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CYC (with the world's slowest website) offer an RFID card which costs 20 quid per year. They keep saying you're not paying for the card, but for membership. Whatever...

But is there any point to this card, when they offer a (in many ways terrible) smartphone app that seems to allow to start/stop charge anyway...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes if you ever go to Scotland or No if your not planning to go to Scotland any time soon and can't be bothered to renew the £20 subscription :) CYC and CPS are the same.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I assume the card is allowing you to pay for and initiate a charging session regardless of phone signal, or having a phone with the app installed.

But yes, it should all be contactless payment by now, particularly if you aren't offering any cheap rates on the a card/subscription payment.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think I've seen a CYC/CPS charger (in Scotland) with a credit card payment machine yet - many are still free but a growing number of councils, universities, etc are charging now (which you pay via a monthly bill).

I'd agree, if in Scotland get the £20/year RDIF card. It usually works perfectly, and you have the app and/or phone line as fall back (unless really out in the sticks when the RDIF card is the only option).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts