Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on CYC's half-finished website trying to purchase an Access Card. When I click "Confirm Payment" it takes me to a page which says:

Payment Authorisation

Payment has not been made

There is nothing else on this page to read / click / do / help.

Anyone know what I need to do to purchase this thing?

Ta!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'm on CYC's half-finished website trying to purchase an Access Card. When I click "Confirm Payment" it takes me to a page which says:

Payment Authorisation

Ta!
Wonder if it's trying to refer to your card providers authorisation routine? Have you got any pop up blockers active etc that may be stopping that?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Payment Authorisation

Ta!
Hi, I recently bought a rfid card, have you set up a direct debit for payment?
That seem to be the only way to pay

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
A lot of people got the card free as they are legally obliged to provide one or something like that

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I recently bought a rfid card, have you set up a direct debit for payment?
That seem to be the only way to pay
Hi, No, there is no option when logged in to their website to set one up. Do you know where the option is supposed to appear? Thanks

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Hi, No, there is no option when logged in to their website to set one up. Do you know where the option is supposed to appear? Thanks
Once logged in, go to Your Account / BILLING Payment Method

Mine shows my existing Direct Debit. I don't remember now, but I assume that the page will present a form for you to fill in if you don't have one already. I had no problem setting it up on line at the time.

If you still have a problem, you could always call their help line 01912 650 500

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So apprently you can use the POLAR RFID cards to work the CYC chargers - anyone any experience of this? Do you need to use the app in combination with the card or not? Jeez these companies are baaad

·
Registered
51 Posts
The logical conclusion is all the posts on this forum are not being displayed to everybody since the update, which would also explain the lack of posting this weekend

·
Registered
365 Posts
I use a Polar Plus RFID with all the CYC posts near me, and all work fine, no need for any app.
It depends where you live if it will be as successful as your experience though. CYC and CPS cards all are within a certain serial number range which is pre-approved on a whitelist for existing old chargers which don't have an Internet connection (so you can't use an app or remote charge)

Polar cards are outside of this range. They won't work there. You can ask them to update the database at these points but that requires an engineer visit. With CYC's track record that's a 6 month wait if they do it at all.

Also if you live anywhere near Scotland or could be travelling up there, Polar cards work a few rapid chargers (that's accidental, not supposed to work) but otherwise the Chargeplace Scotland network won't accept these cards, despite it being the same network as CYC, and it happily accepting CYC cards.

I recommend everyone has a CYC/CPS card. Even if they only pay for year 1 and don't renew, it will still be useful for accessing these offline chargers. Polar membership isn't quite as good as claimed.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The logical conclusion is all the posts on this forum are not being displayed to everybody since the update, which would also explain the lack of posting this weekend
Unlike the "Ionity first 20 CCS rapids .." thread which is hopelessly corrupt, and which I have reported separately, hoping it will be seen, this thread looks complete to me. I can see 11 posts before this one, all correctly numbered and in order. Do you see more?

Edit: although this is post #12 as expected, it still says "1 - 11 of 11 posts" at the bottom of the page. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
It depends where you live if it will be as successful as your experience though. CYC and CPS cards all are within a certain serial number range which is pre-approved on a whitelist for existing old chargers which don't have an Internet connection (so you can't use an app or remote charge)

Polar cards are outside of this range. They won't work there. You can ask them to update the database at these points but that requires an engineer visit. With CYC's track record that's a 6 month wait if they do it at all.

Also if you live anywhere near Scotland or could be travelling up there, Polar cards work a few rapid chargers (that's accidental, not supposed to work) but otherwise the Chargeplace Scotland network won't accept these cards, despite it being the same network as CYC, and it happily accepting CYC cards.

I recommend everyone has a CYC/CPS card. Even if they only pay for year 1 and don't renew, it will still be useful for accessing these offline chargers. Polar membership isn't quite as good as claimed.
Useful info, thanks. I live in the South East, and so far all of the CYC chargers I’ve used have been installed by Kent County Council.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I asked Polar and they said their RFID card will work with any CYC charger that is listed on their website/map. So that makes things easier.

JeffG - Thanks for the reply. I'd already logged on and clicked the links, but there was no direct debit information or option relating to it, hence my original question. Also, I did contact CYC and they were giving me stock answers, sent me on a wild goose chase saying I should contact my bank, even though their site clearly isn't working. This is why I call it half-finished. I'm a web developer, and I can safely say it's a mess. The FAQs page isn't built, the login system is on a strange sub-domain with very little information on it, or help / information etc. etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts