Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home in the gloom through the forest. On a downhill section with a white car close behind (must have been an Audi) white was lit up red whenever I eased up on the accelerator. So my 2017 CZero does activate it's brake lights on regen activation: anyone know what model year this was introduced?

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,169 Posts
I don't know if it was introduced then or earlier, but a 16 plate iOn did this. A 62 plate did not. So you can put it somewhere between them two points in time.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
On a downhill section with a white car close behind (must have been an Audi) white was lit up red whenever I eased up on the accelerator.
Strange, the rear fog lamp on my LEAF24 behaves that way too. ;)

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So Mitsubishi. PSA managed to incorporate lots of minor changes over the years.

Shame they didn't see fit to update the battery pack to say 20kWh.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yeah that would be nice. Drooling over the Skoda Citigo E but will be while before they drop into my price bracket, lol!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah that would be nice. Drooling over the Skoda Citigo E but will be while before they drop into my price bracket, lol!
I just started adding an additional battery to our c-zero. It seems quite straight forward - on a basic level.
The precharge,+,- relays are controlled from the EV-ECU under the left rear seat - pin 105.106.107 as I remember. I bought the OEM main contactor (Omron) for 50 EUR incl. shippment, and a 24v 100W resistor from China (for peanuts). THe whole contactor is very compact, compared to the Leaf contactor, so I plan to put it to a waterproof electrical junction box and secure it to the engine compartment. The battery extender battery main cables (and fuse) can be connected to the inverter which is also in the battery compartment. So no need to drop the original battery bank or any serious mechanical tool for it. there will be only an Anderson connector in the trunk - to connect the extra pack. Earlier I bought 150 used laptop batteries - Now I am charging+discharging them to get their capacity. I plan to add first just a small battery pack - to see what the laptop cells are capable of. old laptop cells may not be the real way forward as their discharge rate is too low (0,5C)... however, modern 18650 cells could doo the job and 18650 is still one of the highest energy density cell out there. My plan is to get a 4cm thich layer of 18650 pack to the floor of the trunk - with those tiny cells I can follow the shape of the floor nicely.

·
richi.uk
237 Posts
Agreed. Didn't they effectively reduce the capacity?
Yes and no. On paper, they dropped it by 10% (88s of 50 Ah cells down to 80s of 50 Ah). But Yuasa argued that the the revised "LEV50N" cell design is able to be discharged deeper for the same degradation, and that degradation in general use is less.

So swings and roundabouts in theory. I don't have any in-parctice data to back that up though.

(Note that the Mitsubishi-branded cars stuck with 88, but still got the new cells. But MY2013+ cars are like hens' teeth.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts