Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking for some help. Under the rear seat of the iMiev clones are three little boxes or ICUs. One is for the Aircon/heater systems, one is to control the battery and motor inverter ( EVECU???) etc and one is the ABS/ESC computer???.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all, looking for some help. Under the rear seat of the iMiev clones are three little boxes or ICUs. One is for the Aircon/heater systems, one is to control the battery and motor inverter ( EVECU???) etc and one is the ABS/ESC computer???.

Can anyone confirm?
Ok, replying to myself. In the Russian online iMiev manual, there is a drawing which indicates the ECU sitting on top of the EVECU is the traction battery BMS. This makes sense as most of the wiring needs to come together. I'm assuming that PSA didnt mess with this.

Cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes, it's like that in my C-Zero. The unit on top of the EV-ECU has Part Number 9499A842, and is described as Control Unit, EV Battery. Next to that stack is 7820A356, the ECU for air conditioning.
There is also a small relay there, for CHAdeMO.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yes to all of the above. The BMS is a multi part system, with monitoring done inside the battery pack on the circuit boards on each module - these report back via CAN to the main control part of the BMS under the back seats - this instructs the circuit boards on the modules to bleed a cell for example.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts