Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Gt135 for a month now and the only real issue is the DAB radio is awful, it constantly cuts out for even high power stations like BBC1/2 etc

I have been just using FM because of this, are there any tips to improve this. My two previous cars with DAB worked fine in the same locations so i'm blaming the ZOE specifically. I imagine if there is a fault it's gonna be a pain to resolve with the dealer, given it works at times rather than being totally broken.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
225 Posts
Is the antenna attached? Mine was supplied still bubble-wrapped and in the boot with the handbook. I was similarly fuming about the DAB reception until I attached it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've asked about the same issue here before and everything the guys had suggested didn't work. For me the issue is within the Zoe, full stop. Over the last 10+ years I had 8 or 9 different cars and never had a problem with the DAB radio. Really poor reception, dropping out ALL the time. Finally I give up and if I listen to the radio is FM only. Even my local DAB radio station is really poor and the broadcast studio is about 3 miles away from me and nothing in between.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the antenna attached? Mine was supplied still bubble-wrapped and in the boot with the handbook. I was similarly fuming about the DAB reception until I attached it!
Yes it is, have unscrewed and rescrewed it a few times, but as it has an alignment cam, it's is never clear if it is making a great connection. I do wonder if the optional shark fin aerial is better.

Guess I will have to book a dealer visit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Silly question - do you have a mobile phone near any of the components for the radio? I'm in a poor reception area anyhow, which does not help, but on my other car, a Lexus, if my mobile phone is too close to the aerial (which is in the rear view mirror mounting box) and plugged in to charge then I get no reception. Move the phone away or unplug the USB cable for the phone and I get reception once more.

A bit left field, but you never know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Had the Gt135 for a month now and the only real issue is the DAB radio is awful, it constantly cuts out for even high power stations like BBC1/2 etc

I have been just using FM because of this, are there any tips to improve this. My two previous cars with DAB worked fine in the same locations so i'm blaming the ZOE specifically. I imagine if there is a fault it's gonna be a pain to resolve with the dealer, given it works at times rather than being totally broken.
do you have a dual dashcam ?
Many dashcams f'up with the dab reception. try unplugging yours if you have one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts