Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just discovered the joys of DAB. After spending the first month listening to my connected iPod.

At the moment it seems to be working okay at the moment and I am really enjoying the enhanced sound quality on my Electron model.

However does anyone know if it possible to get extra info on the screen like for example the song being played as I thought that this was also a feature of DAB.

I've just had a look at the Infotainment manual but its quite confusing, it mentions RDS info but this is just for standard radio I think?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Haven't found a way of showing the extra info on the DAB now playing screen, but one of the menu options from this screen is for additional information. Whenever I've looked at it, it seems limited in the number of characters displayed and only shows half a song title. It shows for a few seconds, then drops back to the now playing screen.
Maybe someone else has more knowledge on this - I've only had my car for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Haven't found a way of showing the extra info on the DAB now playing screen, but one of the menu options from this screen is for additional information. Whenever I've looked at it, it seems limited in the number of characters displayed and only shows half a song title. It shows for a few seconds, then drops back to the now playing screen.
Maybe someone else has more knowledge on this - I've only had my car for a couple of weeks.
Same for me - a quick snippit of text and then it reverts back to the standard page. Radio 2 doesn't even give any text info.

On another DAB questions - the DAB reception is really poor in my Positiv. Previous DAB enabled cars I have owned had much better reception.

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
The DAB radio has been great, it sometimes had the annoying habit that when you first turn the car on it is in "no mans land" and you have to reselect you favorite station. Not had a problem and been perfect otherwise, we would not own a car without DAB now

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have used DAB for years (Planet Rock head banger!) and none of my receivers have been as clear and loss free as the Ampera's but as @The_Wiggster says, I also cannot find how to use the blank centre of the display screen for music info.
You can drill into the display options and find the info so why isn't it displayed in real time?
Does anyone from Vauxhall/Chevrolet read this forum and give answers to this and other queries?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I listen to DAB all the time in the Ampera and find it outstanding both for reception and sound quality. I am not sure which screen is being referred to in the foregoing. The one I use is accessed by going to the "DAB Menu Screen" and then going to "Radio Text". This display alters between the title of the song being played and programme information.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I have not worked out how to get the additional text to show. But it also doesn't show on my Roberts dab radio at home, so maybe it's not always broadcast ?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Does anyone from Vauxhall/Chevrolet read this forum and give answers to this and other queries?
Good luck with that! I think the DAB not displaying the correct data field on the display has been reported numerous times. It could be a really easy simple "keep the customer happy" zero value software patch.. but now they have got your money they really don't care..

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
In a car are we not meant to be watching the road rather than reading what is on a radio channel as it slowly pans across the screen:confused:

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,607 Posts
What I have only noticed once on the screen was that the radio had automatically changed to the FM transmission for that station due to poor DAB reception (it mentions this in the handbook) and I am sure that the display had something to the effect 'FM Service' in the display. Usually when I lose the DAB I will also have lost the FM transmission so this is why I have not seen it very often. The only real issue I have is the radio changing to 'Traffic Information' when there isn't and will remain on that station for the remainder of the journey, no amount of combination of button presses will restore the station I was listening to.

·
Registered
406 Posts
To get the text on DAB push the menu button and then scroll down to radio text and select it then appears on a new screen - a bit of a pain but you do get all the info.

It does seem tho' that there are no traffic reports when on DAB

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
To get the text on DAB push the menu button and then scroll down to radio text and select it then appears on a new screen - a bit of a pain but you do get all the info.

Ooh ! Gonna try that in the morning !

·
Registered
183 Posts

Works a treat :) I get traffic reports while on DAB but using the TP button rather than selecting it in the options menu.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,607 Posts
Ditto on the traffic and DAB, although I think that if you are on the radio display then the [TP] indicator just shows up as [ ] and not sure if it changes to FM for the broadcast or stays on DAB. As mentioned on another thread mine will occasionally stick on the station after the traffic broadcast and no selection of any buttons will make it move away.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
For traffic reports make sure you are on a TP FM station with TP enabled before you switch to DAB and it will switch to FM when there is an announcement. Same Works with CD, HD and Aux...

Reactions: Finglish

·
Registered
406 Posts
On the DAB setting menu there is are options for different information on/off. Never worked out if they work or not as they have never obviously kicked in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts