Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two or three times now I have had the radio on Radio 2 and as expected a traffic bulletin on Radio Scotland interrupts the broadcast but once the announcement ends the radio will not return to Radio 2. Selecting the radio button (if I am on another screen) brings up the 'Traffic Announcement' and selecting 'Off' from, the screen, the main Menu control or even switching off the TP has no effect. I know that sometimes the traffic station will leave the 'tag' for traffic news on but I can usually just override it and revert to the station I was listening to. I did once have traffic announcements set within the DAB menu but it changed to a commercial radio station and stayed on that for the remainder of the journey so that was unticked.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
That was the first bug I encountered on my 2012 original Ampera Electron. It went away after a full charge and never reappeared. The subsequent software updates to do with the 12v battery management seemed to have removed all such quirky bugs for good (2 years on ...)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car (2013) had all the software updates in May, is very rarely never only partly charged. Monday it went to radio Scotland for the traffic then moved to Radio Forth (commercial) probably because of the stronger signal and I could not get it to stop.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You have my sympathies! In my case it was Radio 1 and I could not face the prospect of a 200 mile journey not being able to listen to anything else but that! Talk to your dealer so they can sanction a disconnect of the 12 v battery for a hard reset or work out which fuse to remove to de-power the entertainment system completely. I bet that will clear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts