Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Kia Soul EV 2020 switches from DAB to a random FM station by itself, when going from Reverse to Drive. This happens almost consequently.

Anyone else experiencing this or got an idea of what causes it?

I have noe chargers etc connected, that could interfer with the DAB signal

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,597 Posts
If you can consistently reproduce this, I'd suggest that's a bug in the head unit firmware.

I've noticed the DAB receiver in the my Niro 4 is poor. Worse than every other in car DAB radio I've had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I can consistently reproduce this.

I read in another forum about an Hyndai Ioniq having the same issue (without finding the solution though...).

Even stranger, also for the Ioniq, is that this is only happening when listening to a "favourite" DAB station! If listening to a station that is not set as a "favourite", it is not switching to FM....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,494 Posts
This rings a vague bell. Someone else had it. I think they just deleted the DAB station as a favourite so it stopped doing it.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Hi, my Kia Soul EV 2020 switches from DAB to a random FM station by itself, when going from Reverse to Drive. This happens almost consequently.

Anyone else experiencing this or got an idea of what causes it?

I have noe chargers etc connected, that could interfer with the DAB signal
Does this happen when you are driving down the road🤗. If not, this sounds like a 1st world problem. Hint, switch off your radio before selecting reverse so you don't get distracted by DAB or FM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts